Noble P4 Ferrari Replica.

Noble P4 Ferrari Replica.

Author
Discussion

Noble P4

Original Poster:

231 posts

113 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all


Hi, Thought the forum may like to see our Noble that is a cheeky copy of a Ferrari 330 P4. We've had it years but house renovations and the like had sidelined it until this March when we changed all the fluids and got rid of the cobwebs. Iv'e driven and ridden all sorts but the view from the drivers seat and the noise takes some beating! Looking to put plenty of miles on this summer. Chris.

Pumajay

1,007 posts

176 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
wow!

chuntington101

5,733 posts

208 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
More pics and info please! smile

C2james

4,685 posts

137 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
Yep we definitely need some more pictures, have you got any of the build?

Noble P4

Original Poster:

231 posts

113 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
Hi,
Built from 1989 Lee Noble kit using later version of the Ultima chassis. Originally built with tuned 2.7 V6 Renault engine now has V8 Rover, 4 barrel Holly, TVR manifolds with home brew exhausts. UN1 g/box, unequal wishbones with cast uprights.
Goes and handles well, sounds unholy and is loads of fun. Love to have put a Ferrari motor in but you have to draw the financial line somewhere!
Having problems downloading pics as getting the message "no image to upload" despite having selected image, Any ideas anyone?

DBSV8

5,461 posts

210 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
Noble P4 said:
Hi,
Built from 1989 Lee Noble kit using later version of the Ultima chassis. Originally built with tuned 2.7 V6 Renault engine now has V8 Rover, 4 barrel Holly, TVR manifolds with home brew exhausts. UN1 g/box, unequal wishbones with cast uprights.
Goes and handles well, sounds unholy and is loads of fun. Love to have put a Ferrari motor in but you have to draw the financial line somewhere!
Having problems downloading pics as getting the message "no image to upload" despite having selected image, Any ideas anyone?
stick the photos on photobucket.co.uk

then simply add the link to your message replace [img] [/img] with

and your ready to go ...now get posting looking forward to seeing this build

cheers

tommy vercetti

11,376 posts

135 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
Pumajay said:
wow!
+1

Mr Roper

12,140 posts

166 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
That's purdy smile

benjj

6,787 posts

135 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
Noble P4 said:
Having problems downloading pics as getting the message "no image to upload" despite having selected image, Any ideas anyone?
This happens when you try to upload a pic bigger than 2mb. Resize them in Picasa or something and you'll be fine.

Oh, amazing car too - get busy with the pics right now!

Roo

11,503 posts

179 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
Very nice.

NF are just down the road from me so them around occassionally.

DBSV8

5,461 posts

210 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all

out of curiosity is this the same car from the Silverstone aution ?

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1996-ferrari-33...

previously owned by PHer Smash ?


http://pistonheads.co.uk/members/showcar.asp?carId...

SirSamuelBuca

1,353 posts

129 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
cracking looking car

tbc

3,017 posts

147 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
just find it strange you would put a Rover engine in it

been reading a lot of kit cars having Rover engines

is there something about them that makes all kit car builders use them?

Rosscow

8,065 posts

135 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
DBSV8 said:
out of curiosity is this the same car from the Silverstone aution ?

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1996-ferrari-33...

previously owned by PHer Smash ?


http://pistonheads.co.uk/members/showcar.asp?carId...
Different number plate so I doubt it!

Altrezia

8,370 posts

183 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
tbc said:
just find it strange you would put a Rover engine in it

been reading a lot of kit cars having Rover engines

is there something about them that makes all kit car builders use them?
Low tech, small, light weight, great noise. Only downside is the relative lack of power, but I never found my Cobra to be that slow, and that only had a wheasy 3.5 twin carb RV8.

hedgefinder

3,418 posts

142 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
I have seen MUF before, although it was many years ago (I am married now..)

Noble P4

Original Poster:

231 posts

113 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
Rover engine was used due to weight/size, my previous knowledge of these units and the fact we had 2 on the shelf!
Still working on the photo resize issue (my 11yr old will sort that).

fesuvious

6,434 posts

213 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
hedgefinder said:
I have seen MUF before, although it was many years ago (I am married now..)
ahh, married, so yes, I don't suppose you have seen 'MUF' for a long time

200Plus Club

9,422 posts

250 months

Tuesday 31st July 2012
quotequote all
looking forward to more pics of that. taking it to the kit car show at donnington in sept by any chance?

Noble P4

Original Poster:

231 posts

113 months

Wednesday 1st August 2012
quotequote all


Thanks for the positive comments and e-mails so far. Still trying to find build pics but I have managed to upload these taken earlier this year. Colours seem a bit off but you get the idea. Chris.