PistonHeads.com Forum

New TVR still under wraps!

Author
Discussion

essexstu

Original Poster:

194 posts

41 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all




Edited by essexstu on Thursday 5th May 17:22

TheRainMaker

3,228 posts

165 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
To much temptation for me if I was to walk past that hehe

Its so close to the barrier someones going to pull it off.

Englishman

1,716 posts

133 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Looks a bit like the blue Cerb with extended wheel arches that sold recently.

Konrod

657 posts

151 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Liking the cheesegrater grille in the artwork - they recognize who the true TVR drivers are.......

getmecoat

HarryW

14,461 posts

192 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Too many hard lines for a TVR in there, not enough swoopyness....
Advertisement

HarryW

14,461 posts

192 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Tuscan cheese cutter grill far too cheap and after market looking for me too....

alex_gray255

5,834 posts

128 months

Silvernoble883

249 posts

19 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Looks a bit American corvette frown was hoping for something more Italian looking like a 488.

Hope I'm wrong.

RayTVR

733 posts

66 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Tuscan, Tuscan and Tuscan?

abz

369 posts

152 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
The new one looks a little square front on, especially with the square bonnet bulge - round that off or give it a Griffith or Tuscan style curve would really help...the Tuscan on the right still looks stunning 17 years on.

Edited by abz on Thursday 5th May 18:08

Turquoise

1,457 posts

20 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Silvernoble883 said:
Looks a bit American corvette frown was hoping for something more Italian looking like a 488.
Why? And seeing as a 488 is mid engined, how?

HarryW

14,461 posts

192 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
abz said:
The new one looks a little square front on, especially with the square bonnet bulge - round that off or give it a Griffith or Tuscan style curve would really help...the Tuscan on the right still looks stunning 17 years on.

Edited by abz on Thursday 5th May 18:08
You have hit the nail on the head with the Tuscan on the right, it actually makes the new car seem a bit too staid and dated even though it's not launched yet...

Silvernoble883

249 posts

19 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Turquoise said:
Silvernoble883 said:
Looks a bit American corvette frown was hoping for something more Italian looking like a 488.
Why? And seeing as a 488 is mid engined, how?
Horrible long bonnet, looking at the later Tvrs you could almost call them mid engined when you see where the engine actually sits.

Silvernoble883

249 posts

19 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
HarryW said:
abz said:
The new one looks a little square front on, especially with the square bonnet bulge - round that off or give it a Griffith or Tuscan style curve would really help...the Tuscan on the right still looks stunning 17 years on.

Edited by abz on Thursday 5th May 18:08
You have hit the nail on the head with the Tuscan on the right, it actually makes the new car seem a bit too staid and dated even though it's not launched yet...
The best looking out of them 3 is the old Tuscan.

Turquoise

1,457 posts

20 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Silvernoble883 said:
Turquoise said:
Silvernoble883 said:
Looks a bit American corvette frown was hoping for something more Italian looking like a 488.
Why? And seeing as a 488 is mid engined, how?
Horrible long bonnet, looking at the later Tvrs you could almost call them mid engined when you see where the engine actually sits.
That just doesn't make sense.

Regardless of how far back the engine sits they are still front engined.
All TVR's have had long bonnets, why is it a bad thing for this one?
No TVR has ever looked mid engined!

You haven't answered my original questions either.

Why would you want a TVR to look like a Ferrari?
And how can you ever expect it to, with it being front engined not being mid engined?


Silvernoble883

249 posts

19 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Turquoise said:
Silvernoble883 said:
Turquoise said:
Silvernoble883 said:
Looks a bit American corvette frown was hoping for something more Italian looking like a 488.
Why? And seeing as a 488 is mid engined, how?
Horrible long bonnet, looking at the later Tvrs you could almost call them mid engined when you see where the engine actually sits.
That just doesn't make sense.

Regardless of how far back the engine sits they are still front engined.
All TVR's have had long bonnets, why is it a bad thing for this one?
No TVR has ever looked mid engined!

You haven't answered my original questions either.

Why would you want a TVR to look like a Ferrari?
And how can you ever expect it to, with it being front engined not being mid engined?
Owned a new Sagaris, I would say that didn't have a horrible long bonnet, didn't say look like a Ferrari I said Italian looking, can't think of anything worse than a American looking car.

abz

369 posts

152 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
I agree the post doesn't really make sense. TVR's, especially the Wheeler-era cars have always had long bonnets, in fact it was one of their distinct features. It meant the engine could sit behind the front axle, so could be considered front 'mid' engined, but they never *looked* mid-engined, the proportions and shape would be completely different.

The new one looks pretty good, quite T350 ish side-on. Just the front end/bonnet bulge looks jars. I'm sure it will look good in the flesh.

Moycie

495 posts

120 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
It's all positive so far. Here's a picture without the silver cover, from twitter.

I can't wait to see it in the flesh. Evolution of T350/T440/Typhon as I hoped.


Silvernoble883

249 posts

19 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
abz said:
I agree the post doesn't really make sense. TVR's, especially the Wheeler-era cars have always had long bonnets, in fact it was one of their distinct features. It meant the engine could sit behind the front axle, so could be considered front 'mid' engined, but they never *looked* mid-engined, the proportions and shape would be completely different.

The new one looks pretty good, quite T350 ish side-on. Just the front end/bonnet bulge looks jars. I'm sure it will look good in the flesh.
There's long bonnets and then there's long bonnets, hopefully it's just the pic and the bonnet in real life isn't too long or square.

HarryW

14,461 posts

192 months

Thursday 5th May 2016
quotequote all
Moycie said:
It's all positive so far. Here's a picture without the silver cover, from twitter.

I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

That shows the proportions a lot better. I'm sure once seen in the flesh it'll be a stunner. Here's another view.


Edited by HarryW on Thursday 5th May 19:21