PistonHeads.com Forum

RE: PH Photo Gallery: June supercar spotting

RE: PH Photo Gallery: June supercar spotting

Monday 17th July

PH Photo Gallery: June supercar spotting

It's a good month when three Chirons are outshone!



Bugatti Chirons - three of them - would seem to be the overwhelming theme for June in terms of supercars in our capital. Moreover, three very similar Chirons, all finished in two-tone Bugatti Blue/Blue Carbon. Even more confusing is that two of the Chirons pictured were seen in the exact same place only minutes apart! That's not to say Chirons were to only Bugattis to be represented this month - a stunning exposed carbon Veyron SuperSport and a lesser spotted EB110 GT also enjoyed our busy city streets.

At the older and possibly more tasteful end of the spectrum there were two Aston Martin DB4s parked nose to tail in Knightsbridge, which interestingly had come from New York and New Jersey. Then, perhaps even more impressively, in Mayfair another DB4 was seen lurking in the shadows across the road from a Ferrari 250 SWB!

Other notable appearances include the Lamborghini Murcielago BF Performance GT660, with a wing big enough to make an Airbus blush, a Pagani Huayra and red carbon Huayra BC in convoy, and a Lamborghini Centenario parked on Leicester Square.

As the summer progresses more and more cars are appearing, especially from overseas, so make sure to check back next month to see what marvellous or horrendous creations July might bring!




















 

Author
Discussion

Matt p

Original Poster:

484 posts

127 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
The Yellow LaF was recently for sale in HRO on Knightsbridge and funnily enough has been replaced with a red F50.

Still my favourite one for sale at the mo is the AM GT12 in Gulf colours on Park Lane. cloud9

pdg27

3 posts

30 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
Are front number plates optional for the super rich?

j90gta

388 posts

53 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
The solo DB4 is a Zagato!! Wonder if it's original or a continuation?? If real it's probably worth almost as much as the rest of the cars put together....

Henrico

159 posts

102 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
Apparently you don't really need them. A guy at my work who lives Central London said he doesn't bother, keeps it in the boot but never gets pulled.

Henrico

159 posts

102 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
Love the blue wheels on that Chiraz
Advertisement

Pintofbest

229 posts

29 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
Henrico said:
Apparently you don't really need them. A guy at my work who lives Central London said he doesn't bother, keeps it in the boot but never gets pulled.
If he drives an orange McLaren he might be changing his opinion (this was Saturday near Baker Street, pulled over for lack of a plate). biggrin


FourWheelDrift

71,819 posts

203 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
j90gta said:
The solo DB4 is a Zagato!! Wonder if it's original or a continuation?? If real it's probably worth almost as much as the rest of the cars put together....
OOV1 is stated to be an "ASTON MARTIN DB4 SERIES 3" on Askmid so that may well mean it's one of the 2 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato Sanction III cars built up from shells in 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_DB4_GT_...

dme123

3,385 posts

108 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
Is PH ever going to be able to host photos at better than 1999 resolutions? Those are little more than thumbnails!

FourWheelDrift

71,819 posts

203 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
Pintofbest said:
If he drives an orange McLaren he might be changing his opinion (this was Saturday near Baker Street, pulled over for lack of a plate). biggrin
excuse 1 - "Oh, no. Has it fallen off again?"

excuse 2 - "damn kids must have stolen it again"

ChocolateFrog

2,253 posts

92 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
pdg27 said:
Are front number plates optional for the super rich?
I was just thinking how bad front number plates look on cars like that, particularly the Bugatti's, which to be fair to them have full sized plates on.

ducnick

766 posts

162 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
j90gta said:
The solo DB4 is a Zagato!! Wonder if it's original or a continuation?? If real it's probably worth almost as much as the rest of the cars put together....
OOV1 is stated to be an "ASTON MARTIN DB4 SERIES 3" on Askmid so that may well mean it's one of the 2 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato Sanction III cars built up from shells in 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_DB4_GT_...
But the other one with the headlight covers is a genuine db4 Gt...... lurrrvly thing. Apparently not that nice to drive, my dad knows a guy with one mid restoration (for the last 30 yrs) and he is in no rush as his xjs is a much nicer drive. Maybe another case of never meet your heros.

AMcLean

78 posts

85 months

Monday 17th July
quotequote all
I passed the yellow LaF this evening at Brook Gate, funnily enough just across from the Aston in Gulf colours as mentioned on a post above.

Gus265

99 posts

52 months

Tuesday 18th July
quotequote all
There is what looks to be an ex-works 1960s Mini Cooper S in the background of the DB4GT Zagato. And I haven't even got my glasses on!

AlpinaB5s

149 posts

78 months

Tuesday 18th July
quotequote all
That Red/black McLaren 650 has awoken the inner child in me. Lovey paint scheme.

londonbabe

953 posts

111 months

Tuesday 18th July
quotequote all
The DB4GT Zagato is one of the two Sanction III cars. Zagato made two extra bodies when they did the Sanction IIs and Aston Martin 'found' two spare DB4 chassis to build up two more cars.
I know this because I read it on the bit of paper in the window of said car when I saw it in St John's Wood High St at the classic car parade.

(The photo of this, the Mini in the background, the LaFerrari and the Ferrari SWB were all taken there, presumably when the show was being set up).

WCZ

4,068 posts

113 months

Wednesday 19th July
quotequote all
pdg27 said:
Are front number plates optional for the super rich?
in england yes.

hucumber

117 posts

16 months

Thursday 20th July
quotequote all
This must be the millionth thread that has descended into discussing front number plates...

The Crack Fox

12,382 posts

111 months

Thursday 20th July
quotequote all
More low-res pics of supercars!
Knighstbridge!
Numberplates!
Veyron!
Can't wait for next month!
Stunning!
Exclamation marks!
Arabs coming!
Will check back!
Cool!
I'm wking into a sock!
YPLAC!
Etc!

JohnWalker43

13 posts

6 months

The Crack Fox said:
More low-res pics of supercars!
Knighstbridge!
Numberplates!
Veyron!
Can't wait for next month!
Stunning!
Exclamation marks!
Arabs coming!
Will check back!
Cool!
I'm wking into a sock!
YPLAC!
Etc!
Sarcastic miserable comments from people with nothing better to do!