RE: Bugatti confirms Chiron 'Divo'

RE: Bugatti confirms Chiron 'Divo'

Tuesday 10th July

Bugatti confirms Chiron 'Divo'

Found your standard Chiron a bit aloof on track? Enter the circuit ready Divo!



Yep, it's just a picture of some embroidery for now. Absolutely nothing else. But just the prospect of a faster, more focused, more athletic Bugatti Chiron is enough to push the right buttons at PH, so forgive us for telling you already.

Because despite the promise of "strong design language" and a commitment to "thrill people throughout the world", Bugatti hasn't yet shown any hint of what a Chiron Il Divo might look like. Some important numbers have been revealed, though, including a 40-car production run and a list price of - brace yourselves - £4.42m. Rather a lot more than even a 'standard' £2.5m W16 Chiron.

Autocar believes that power will remain unchanged, however, with 1,500hp remaining from the 8.0-litre engine. Sort of did the job alright before, didn't it? Instead expect performance gains for the Diva to come from lighter body panels, increased downforce, more aggressive suspension and stickier tyres - your typical track day fare, if not your typical donor car.

 

"Happiness is not around the corner. It is the corner. The Divo is made for corners" said Stephen Winkelmann, adding that this car as allowed the Molsheim team "an opportunity to interpret the brand DNA in terms of agile, nimble handling in a significantly more performance-orientated way." It sounds a more serious prospect for drivers than the record attempt Chiron Sport from Geneva, even if specifics are still to follow.

There isn't too long to wait, however, as the Chiron Divo - named after old Bugatti racer Albert Divo - is set to make its debut at Pebble Beach next month. While it doesn't sound quite as motorsport-centric as something like a Senna GTR, Autocar has speculated about a possible Nurburgring lap record with the uber Chiron. Watch this space...

Author
Discussion

devnull

Original Poster:

1,687 posts

88 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Here come the special editions! They’ll have more special editions than MX5s ever had.

J4CKO

24,550 posts

131 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Now got "Whip it", going through my head.




Pericoloso

34,690 posts

94 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Any of these with more than 2000 miles on will be unsellable.

The unused ones will be straight to classifieds and Tom Hartley for 5M.

Gecko1978

1,930 posts

88 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
back in the 90s when McLaren had the F1 Jaguar the xj220, ferrari the f50 and bugatti the EB110 I dreamed of a lotto win to buy one....this on the otherhand just does not do it for me. Sure its amazing out of this world even I just don't feel the passion I do for say the 918 or La Ferrari etc.

Saying that I did like the look of the chiron sport in red from a few months back...all academic as my next car will be 25k or less lol

rare6499

189 posts

70 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Should be quite quick then.
Advertisement

Aes87

243 posts

14 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
to be known as il divo


Helicopter123

3,057 posts

87 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Pericoloso said:
Any of these with more than 2000 miles on will be unsellable.

The unused ones will be straight to classifieds and Tom Hartley for 5M.
A bold statement.

David87

4,866 posts

143 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
I literally don’t care. If you must spend all that cash, why not buy an actual racing car and go and do some actual racing?

garyhun

24,608 posts

159 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
J4CKO said:
Now got "Whip it", going through my head.
And eloid, and Jocko Homo, and Satisfaction, and flower pots and ..... so much more smile

Vaud

28,391 posts

86 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
David87 said:
I literally don’t care. If you must spend all that cash, why not buy an actual racing car and go and do some actual racing?
It’s not either/or at this level of spend.

hondansx

3,143 posts

156 months

Tuesday 10th July
quotequote all
Would be awesome if it was like the Gran Turismo concept.

keith2.2

536 posts

126 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
Gecko1978 said:
back in the 90s when McLaren had the F1 Jaguar the xj220, ferrari the f50 and bugatti the EB110 I dreamed of a lotto win to buy one....this on the otherhand just does not do it for me. Sure its amazing out of this world even I just don't feel the passion I do for say the 918 or La Ferrari etc.
At this price - a lotto win won't cover it anyway!

Cold

4,596 posts

21 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
keith2.2 said:
At this price - a lotto win won't cover it anyway!
A single British ticket won £57.9m on last night's Euromillions. thumbup

bluemason

267 posts

54 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
I might have to put down an imaginary deposit

Vitorio

4,179 posts

74 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
Vaud said:
David87 said:
I literally don’t care. If you must spend all that cash, why not buy an actual racing car and go and do some actual racing?
It’s not either/or at this level of spend.
Then what is the point of this car? Why would you need a track focussed Chiron when you can simply step into your actual race car once you've GT-ed your way to the track?

RobDickinson

23,079 posts

185 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
New shocks and a spoiler for only £2 million or so bargain

Vaud

28,391 posts

86 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
Vitorio said:
Vaud said:
David87 said:
I literally don’t care. If you must spend all that cash, why not buy an actual racing car and go and do some actual racing?
It’s not either/or at this level of spend.
Then what is the point of this car? Why would you need a track focussed Chiron when you can simply step into your actual race car once you've GT-ed your way to the track?
Ego. Investment. Bragging rights. A bit of fun.

If you had $1bn and wanted a dream garage, wouldn't you fill it it with a massive range of interesting cars? I know I would. It's a study in engineering and design as much as a fast car...

Regiment

2,647 posts

90 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
Vaud said:
Ego. Investment. Bragging rights. A bit of fun.

If you had $1bn and wanted a dream garage, wouldn't you fill it it with a massive range of interesting cars? I know I would. It's a study in engineering and design as much as a fast car...
The people buying the Divo will either stick it straight in an air conditioned garage until it’s auctioned off at twice the price and never see a circuit or it’ll see one circuit and then get auctioned off.

With that much money to spend, I’d rather have a GT car and arrive to the circuit in style, don my racing gear and jump in my racing car that had been kindly unloaded from the back of a lorry by Ferrari I.e. what Ferrari do with the FXX.

Vitorio

4,179 posts

74 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
Vaud said:
Ego. Investment. Bragging rights. A bit of fun.

If you had $1bn and wanted a dream garage, wouldn't you fill it it with a massive range of interesting cars? I know I would. It's a study in engineering and design as much as a fast car...
Oh for sure, i just dont see the point in a hardcore track version of what is essentially the GT to end all GTs, this kind of money buys you actual F1 cars to go and play with on track

Vaud

28,391 posts

86 months

Wednesday 11th July
quotequote all
Vitorio said:
Oh for sure, i just dont see the point in a hardcore track version of what is essentially the GT to end all GTs, this kind of money buys you actual F1 cars to go and play with on track
Different comfort/fitness levels, more driver aids, etc. Easier learning curve, etc.