993 GT2 replicas for sale ?

993 GT2 replicas for sale ?

Author
Discussion

phib

Original Poster:

4,111 posts

218 months

Thursday 6th December 2018
quotequote all
Since selling my gt2 many years ago with great regret I am looking for a replica.

Does anyone know of anything for sale, doesn’t matter how ropey !!

Thanks

Phib

IMI A

8,077 posts

160 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
I know of two but based on 993 rs so inordinately expensive even though the mods for 99% UK buyers take away from the core car. Ones at Joe Macari at £275k and the others at Lusso Prestige for similar price point although its a crashed 993 rs clubsport chassis in a 993 C2s shell. I'd have been interested in the reshelled car as a track toy for an early 6 figure sum but we are miles apart. Seller doesn't understand all the money thats been spent on the car doesn't make a difference. Its still just a C2S shell with some RS bits - harsh but fair in terms of assessing value. Both cars are on SOR. Actually there is also a tip at Hamilton Gray. Over priced arguably worth 50% of asking price but at the right price could stick a manual gearbox in her?

trantorman

56 posts

166 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
I have sent you a PM with some options on cars I have visibility of including the Black Snake at Joe Macari.

phib

Original Poster:

4,111 posts

218 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
Thanks guys, ideally looking to spend 75k-100k on one.

Really not looking for a perfect one. Just something I can turn into something a bit mad !

Ie https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/96144/po...


My other option (which everyone will tell you I cant do!!)

Is to put a 997 cup car on the road or a 430 challenge car on the road (which has just been done by someone else)

Dont ask me why but just fancy something uncompromising for the road !! I have driven a cup car on te road in germany and whilst uncompromising it was a right laugh.

Must be an age thing

Thanks

Phib

Edited by phib on Friday 7th December 09:28


Edited by phib on Friday 7th December 09:30

SignalGruen

618 posts

159 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
I keep looking at the Hamilton Grey's car - if I could find a turbo engine and gearbox, that's what I would buy. I assume you're looking for a turbo car and not a GT2 look NA car.

hunter 66

3,215 posts

179 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
Maybe build your own to your spec ............. go and see , GT Classics to source donor and parts , then Tony Littlejohn to get the body done and Matt at Fearnsport for the engine .......job done

Rednose330

2,078 posts

199 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
apart from Hunter 66 suggestion as an ex gt2 owner try the black snake ,built for record speed at The Ring,lacks sophistication of proper Gt2 but very very quick and terrific fun!

IMI A

8,077 posts

160 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
I'd go for the old timer personally - saw this GT2 last Summer and couldn't take my eyes of it. So much road presence.


Rednose330

2,078 posts

199 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
that was my old Clubsport .............currently belonging to a Frenchman

Steve Rance

5,236 posts

190 months

Friday 7th December 2018
quotequote all
phib said:
Thanks guys, ideally looking to spend 75k-100k on one.

Really not looking for a perfect one. Just something I can turn into something a bit mad !

Ie https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/96144/po...


My other option (which everyone will tell you I cant do!!)

Is to put a 997 cup car on the road or a 430 challenge car on the road (which has just been done by someone else)

Dont ask me why but just fancy something uncompromising for the road !! I have driven a cup car on te road in germany and whilst uncompromising it was a right laugh.

Must be an age thing

Thanks

Phib

Edited by phib on Friday 7th December 09:28


Edited by phib on Friday 7th December 09:30
Hi Phil

If you were going to convert a cup I'd either go 996Cup or 997 and change the sequential box to an H pattern. The sequential unit will be expensive to maintain and isnt road friendly. You may also have a few logistical issues like locks etc to overcome but it is doable and would be huge fun

good luck

vebskaar

6 posts

1 month

Saturday 24th October
quotequote all
Hi. I see that this post are from 2018. bur did you find an GT2 Replica?

phib

Original Poster:

4,111 posts

218 months

Saturday 24th October
quotequote all
Hi,
No did ended up getting a 993 rs replica but now sold that.

So still would love a gt2 replica

Phib

vebskaar

6 posts

1 month

Saturday 24th October
quotequote all
I have an 1991 964 Turbo thats build to 993 GT2 spec.
Complete with alu doors, GT2 Hood, thin windows etc.
The car still has the 3.3 Turbo engine, all redone and puching up to 650+ hp, with maxxecu.
Cage, recaro seats, snap off. Everything approved.
Car is in Norway.



avaF1

275 posts

79 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
LOL very sly.................
quote visibility of unquote when you own the vehicle..............
trantorman said:
I have sent you a PM with some options on cars I have visibility of including the Black Snake at Joe Macari.

Slippydiff

11,783 posts

182 months

Tuesday 27th October
quotequote all
avaF1 said:
LOL very sly.................
quote visibility of unquote when you own the vehicle..............
trantorman said:
I have sent you a PM with some options on cars I have visibility of including the Black Snake at Joe Macari.
Err, that post was nearly 2 years ago ...

MDL111

4,986 posts

136 months

Wednesday 28th October
quotequote all
There are a couple listed on mobile.de - one situated in the UK
So much money though ...

vebskaar

6 posts

1 month

Wednesday 4th November
quotequote all
PM me if someone are looking for a great build.

Steve Rance

5,236 posts

190 months

Wednesday 4th November
quotequote all
One of the 911’s that I would love to own.

MDL111

4,986 posts

136 months

Wednesday 4th November
quotequote all
I saw the Black Snake is on the market again (still based in the UK from memory)