GT40P/2049 Sold - other examples available
Superformance GT40 Sold
The link between Gulf Oils and the GT40 is arguably the most iconic in racings history. Whilst GT40P/1075 takes the spoils for the double Le Mans win in 1968 and 1968, it was Chassis P/1049 that started the association between Gulf Oil and John Wyer Automotive Engineering and thus an icon was born.
It is fitting then that GT40P/2049 shares this association and carries the heritage livery of its older brother whilst giving a nod to the aforementioned P/1075 maiden Le Mans victory in 1968.
Completed in November 2020, this GT40 continuation was manufactured in South Africa and completed by Le Mans Coupes Ltd, exclusive UK agents for Superformance. Having covered only 240 miles at the time of writing – delivery mileage for these bespoke, hand-built cars – it wants for nothing and is ready to be driven and enjoyed on road or track.
Fitted with a 363ci (6L) Prestige Motorsport blueprinted engine and with over 400bhp (and the same in torque) under your right foot, this car packs a real punch under acceleration yet is useable in traffic and on a gentle cruise. The chassis is designed and built from the original drawings and as such is exceedingly well developed, strong and durable. This is the ultimate opportunity to jump the build queue and own a GT40 in time for the Spring and Summer driving season and attend much missed events in style.
• Full specs of this iconic car can be found below:
• GT40P/2049 was ordered in September 2019 and first registered in November 2020.
• RHD Heritage liveried car finished in the 1968 GT40P/1075 Le Mans winning livery
• Heritage livery and Roundels are factory painted. Numbers and decals are vinyl and removable
• Sill mounted gear shift
• Quaife Transaxle
• Prestige Motorsports 363ci (6L) blueprinted V8 producing in excess of 400bhp - This is an exceedingly strong engine and is exceedingly fast and smooth. Prestige Motorsports are our recommended engine supplier.
• Efficient FAST injection system with modern Holley style 4 barrel throttle body.
• Bilstien Shocks, H&R springs
• BRM wheels with Avon CR66ZZ tyres
• Gurney Bubble
• Fire Safety Stick (fire extinguisher) bulkhead mounted
• Wilwood GT40 4pot callipers all round
• Air conditioning
• Tracker installed but deactivated - can be reactivated if required for insurance or can be removed.
• Helicopter vents on both windows
• Removable Motolita steering wheel
• Alcantara interior
• Head rests
• Door locks
• Adjustable pedal box
240 miles in total at time of writing - only mileage to add will be for any test drives for any potential buyers.
Car comes with a 12 month warranty (less tyres and clutch) from Le Mans Coupes Ltd from the date of purchase.
With lead times currently running at 10 – 12 months this is a rare opportunity to purchase an as new Superformance GT40 with delivery mileage and with a financial saving over the same spec car if ordered today.
This is one of the best performing engines we have installed, and the driving experience and sound is simply incredible. With the most iconic of all the GT40 liveries, it is very much like driving a Le Mans hero on the roads and will put many more modern designs to shame on the track.
If you have any questions about the car or if there is anything else we can do to help at this stage, please do get in contact.
Test drives are available upon request and it is located at our HQ near Gatwick for viewing.
Sold - other cars available as bespoke builds
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Driven wheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeOther
Reference #11589306 | Trade advert