DB4/449/R was first registered on the 17th November 1960 where it was sold to a Mrs N Cotton of Bournemouth, then sold to a Mr S Dicks of London in 1965, whereupon it was sold to Mr Richard Butt of Grays who subsequently sold it to his brother, a Mr (Roger) Butt who kept the car until 1976.
Mr D Banton used the car regularly in and around London and perhaps more fitting for a car of this style, slightly further afield with trips across Europe to the French Alps for skiing holidays.
In 1983 Mr D Banton sent the car for a full bare metal respray, keeping the original colour of Dubonnet Red. Other work includes receipts in the history file dating back to 1976 with hand written invoices from Ian Moss, Aston Martin specialists. Further maintenance was carried out in the late 70’s with bills from Aston Martin and Aston specialist Hyde Vale and later in 1996 with Ian Moss once again. Also in the history file is a copy of the buff log book, handbook and a copy of the original invoice from 1960.
The DB4 was a true sports car to the DB5’s Sports GT, and the values are continuing to increase in line with all classic Aston values. The Series 2 cars had some minor modifications over the original design including a front hinged bonnet (rather than the “crocodile” bonnet of the Series 1), uprated front calipers and oil pump and an enlarged sump.
Fresh from a full nut and bolt restoration, the car has had a full bare metal respray in Silver Birch, finished with black leather interior. Oselli have rebuilt the engine to 4.2 litre specification with unleaded fuel conversion, whilst lightening and balancing the engine and fitting Cosworth forged pistons. The 4 speed David Brown gearbox has been rebuilt and overdrive fitted. Electric power steering has been retrofitted, in addition to a heated rear windscreen, electronic clock, electric aerial and retro-look radio with iPod connection. It has new wire wheels with period correct Avon Turbosteel tyres, and a larger anti-roll bar to improve cornering and lessen body roll. The car has also had an oil cooler and Kenlowe electric fan installed.
A fantastic opportunity to obtain one of the very best Series 2 DB4s on the market today.
For any serious inquiries, please ring Fraser on 01279 813907/07880 554460.
Reference #8549287 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size3,670 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 4
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Hilton & Moss
- Used Aston Martin in Brentwood (9)
- Used Aston Martin in Cambridge (23)
- Used Aston Martin in Chelmsford (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Hatfield (44)
- Used Aston Martin in Hitchin (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Kings Langley (2)
- Used Aston Martin in Norwich (10)
- Used Aston Martin in Rickmansworth (3)
- Used Aston Martin in Southend-on-Sea (4)
- Used Aston Martin in St Albans (4)
- Used Aston Martin in Stansted (4)
- Used cars in Bristol (1171)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1201)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1298)
- Used cars in Derby (1151)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1058)
- Used cars in Leeds (1527)
- Used cars in Leicester (1140)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1170)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1432)
- Used cars in Reading (1200)
- Used cars in Sheffield (971)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8493)
- Used cars in East of England (10763)
- Used cars in London (3690)
- Used cars in North East (4481)
- Used cars in North West (9672)
- Used cars in Scotland (5070)
- Used cars in South East (12947)
- Used cars in South West (6992)
- Used cars in Wales (4366)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7695)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9372)
No recent searches