During WWI, Delahaye manufactured military trucks, FN rifles and parts for Hispano-Suiza aero engines. Two-bearing crankshafts were a feature of many Delahaye engine designs of this period, including one of its first post-war offerings, the Type 84, which was powered by a 2.9-litre sidevalve four.
The successor Type 84N gained a ball bearing crank before being replaced towards the end of 1924 by the Type 92, the 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine of which employed a more conventional three-bearing bottom end.
Recently returning from a 1,000 mile round-trip to the Angouleme ‘Circuit des Remparts’ races in France, this wonderful Labourdtette styled Delahaye Type 97 is in excellent condition throughout.
Having clearly been worked on by very skilled craftsmen and mechanics over the years, most recently a completely new stainless-steel exhaust system was fitted so the car is well and truly ready for its next custodian.
All in all, this car is fabulously evocative, wonderfully conceived and constructed in the charming style of the period.
The post 1924 Delahaye Type 97 ‘Double Phaeton Skiff’ appeared first on Coys of Kensington.
View this vehicle on our website
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body type-
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used cars in Bristol (1401)
- Used cars in Bury (1128)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1543)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1483)
- Used cars in Derby (1196)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1122)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1310)
- Used cars in Leeds (1676)
- Used cars in Leicester (1223)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1402)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1632)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9488)
- Used cars in East of England (14189)
- Used cars in London (4928)
- Used cars in North East (4480)
- Used cars in North West (12342)
- Used cars in Scotland (6282)
- Used cars in South East (15605)
- Used cars in South West (8087)
- Used cars in Wales (4953)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7857)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11148)
No recent searches