The 355 replaced the rather lacklustre 348 and was a distinct improvement in both looks and dynamic ability.
When it was launched at the Geneva Motor Show in 1994 the F355 had the interesting task of moving Ferrari forward as a serious volume manufacturer in a world where sports cars could no longer afford to be unreliable or cumbersome to drive and while the F355 might have been an evolution of the Ferrari 348, it was a game-changing proposition from Ferrari.
The mid-mounted, dry-sumped, flat-plane 3500cc V8 Engine borrowed the then-latest Formula 1 technology featuring five valves (three inlet, two exhausts) per cylinder and producing 380bhp at a screaming 8250rpm, which equates to 109 bhp per litre – and that was the highest specific output for a naturally aspirated car at the time. It also had an F1-style gearbox management system straight out of the F1 car and the electro-hydraulic system controlled the 6 speed manual gearbox using sophisticated software and was operated via two paddles on each side of the steering wheel.
With a 0-60mph sprint time of 4.6 seconds and a top speed only a gnat’s shy of 180mph, the 355 is a searingly fast sports car. It’s also widely considered to be the last of the traditionally beautiful Ferraris and although styling is largely subjective, any petrol head would be hard to argue against the 355’s slender, delicate Pininfarina styling.
This beautiful 1998 F355 GTS F1 - VIN No: ZFFXR42B000112940 was supplied new by Ferrari concessionnaire Auto Koenig in Munich and first registered in their name as a company car on 1st July 1998. They sold the car to a customer in Madrid in October 2001 and the car had one further owner in Spain before being sold and imported to the UK in February 2016 and registered here on 22nd April 2016.
It is finished in its original specification of Rosso Corsa with Black Nero Leather Sports Seats, Electric windows, Air conditioning, original Ferrari Radio/Cassette Player with 10 Stack CD changer, Power Steering, ABS Brakes, Remote Central locking with Alarm system, Driver & Passenger Air Bags, Telephone, Electric Mirrors, removable Hard Top + Case and original and refurbished 18" Alloy Wheels with Michelin Tyres.
The car has a Full Ferrari Service History with 5 stamps in the service book from Ferrari agents in Berlin, Madrid and Barcelona. It has only covered a low and genuine 35,513 Kilometers (22,000 Miles) from new which is confirmed by the service history and it was hardly used by the last owner in Barcelona having only covered 3,000 Kms since 2010. It comes with its original Ferrari leather wallet containing it Maintenance Book, drivers Manual and Ferrari books, invoices for the services carried out by the Ferrari dealers in Spain and its Spanish Tarjeta showing its inspection stamps from 2005 through 2016.
In January 2017 with 35,316 Kilometers on the clock, the car was given to specialist Verdi Ferrari for a complete checkover including a full Cam Belt Service, new Wishbone bushes, reconditioned Steering Rack, new CV Boots, new Brake Pads, 4 wheel alignment and 2 new (front) Michelin tyres. The cost of this work came to £6,810.
The car is in immaculate condition both inside and out and really is excellent fun to drive. It is without doubt, one of the best examples currently for sale anywhere.
Upon sale the car will come with our own customer care package including a new MOT, pre sales Service, HPI/provenance Checks, 55-point pre-delivery inspection and 6 months mechanical breakdown Parts & Labour Warranty which can be upgraded and extended at additional cost if required.
Car available to view @ our showrooms in Mortlake View this vehicle on our website
Reference #10237774 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutRear Engined
- Size3,500 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power380 bhp
- Top speed180 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 4.6 secs
- TypeSemi Automatic
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 3
- Used Ferrari in Chelsea (2)
- Used Ferrari in City of Westminster (13)
- Used Ferrari in East Finchley (7)
- Used Ferrari in Hammersmith (5)
- Used Ferrari in Hendon (3)
- Used Ferrari in Orpington (2)
- Used Ferrari in South Kensington (20)
- Used Ferrari in Teddington (8)
- Used Ferrari in Uxbridge (40)
- Used Ferrari in Wandsworth (22)
- Used Ferrari in Westminster and Belgravia (2)
- Used cars in Bedford (1105)
- Used cars in Bristol (1028)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1655)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1019)
- Used cars in Derby (1260)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1243)
- Used cars in Leeds (1392)
- Used cars in Leicester (1723)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1801)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1015)
- Used cars in Swindon (1124)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10329)
- Used cars in East of England (12026)
- Used cars in London (4958)
- Used cars in North East (4058)
- Used cars in North West (12600)
- Used cars in Scotland (6274)
- Used cars in South East (14481)
- Used cars in South West (7595)
- Used cars in Wales (4675)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7389)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (10591)
No recent searches