The GTC/4 was ordered new from Marranello Concessionaires by dealer Ian Anthony in Wilmslow, for their regular client Lawrence Creme, a member of iconic Seventies band 10cc and later Godley and Crewe. He received the car specified with stereo, electric aerial and air conditioning on the 10th August 1972.
Mr Creme obviously enjoyed the car, keeping it until August 1978 at which point it was purchased by noted private collector Sir Anthony Bamford. Following purchase, the car was dispatched to Sir Anthony's preferred Ferrari dealer then, Graypaul Motors in Loughborough, for a full checkover and service with any faults being rectified. Graypaul continued to maintain the GTC/4 during this ownership as shown by the extensive invoicing on file which details the work completed.
In the mid-Eighties the Ferrari was sold by Graypaul Motors to a Mr Mike Brooks, based in London, who kept it until 1988 at which point the recorded mileage was 54,000 miles. During Mr Brooks' ownership the car was very well maintained by DK Engineering and Omnicrom Engineering – again there are many invoices on file from this period.
In 1988 the Ferrari was sold once again by Graypaul Engineering, the new owner was well-known car and helicopter enthusiast Lawrence Bristow. He kept the car until 1990 and in December of that year it joined the noted collection of Mr Peter De Savary.
In 1996, following an inspection by Ferrari experts Moto Technique, the car was purchased by a Mr Gareth Long, he commissioned an extensive body renovation by Moto. Technique. Invoices on file indicate the detail of work completed.
Mr Long enjoyed the car until 2000 when it was offered for sale on his behalf by Ferrari specialist Paul Baber of 250SWB Ltd. He sold it in 1991 to Mr Christopher Zandonati based in Amersham, at this point the mileage was 62,000 miles. In this ownership the car saw little use, indeed when Paul Baber sold the Ferrari for the second time in September 2004 it had completed less than 63,000 miles.
The new owner, a Mr David Bassington, retained the Ferrari until 2009, he continued to look after it well with a number of invoices from marque specialists including DK Engineering during this period. Again, usage of the car was minimal, the total recorded mileage rising to just 64,000 miles by 2009.
We purchased the Ferrari in 2009 following an inspection and service completed by Auto Italia, a well-regarded Ferrari specialist. We sold the car quickly to a regular and loyal Hairpin customer with a small collection of excellent cars which we store and maintain on his behalf. The Ferrari was not driven during this ownership and hence in 2014 it was sent to Peter Chambers Automotive for a full inspection and mechanical refurbishment. Invoicing on file amounting to in excess of £15,000 details the work completed, needless to say any work required was completed including a full strip and detailing of the engine bay area and underside.
Once again in 2013 we sold the car to a collector with an extensive collection. Due to various commitments the car was left in storage with us until the summer of 2016 at which point we sent it to Peter Chambers for a further checkover and service prior to summer use. In the event time pressures meant this last owner was only able to add around 100 miles to the total.
We now offer the Ferrari for sale once again, the last owner realising the car will probably never get the use it deserves with him. The Ferrari remains in very good order throughout with less than 65,000 miles recorded. It comes with an excellent history file mentioned above and is one of only 34 examples of the GTC/4 model supplied new to the UK market.
Reference #6893237 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used Ferrari in Bournemouth (2)
- Used Ferrari in Bristol (4)
- Used Ferrari in Calne (3)
- Used Ferrari in Cheltenham (6)
- Used Ferrari in Chippenham (2)
- Used Ferrari in Christchurch (18)
- Used Ferrari in Cirencester (4)
- Used Ferrari in Exeter (31)
- Used Ferrari in Gloucester (1)
- Used Ferrari in Poole (20)
- Used Ferrari in Swindon (35)
- Used cars in Bedford (1167)
- Used cars in Bristol (1410)
- Used cars in Bury (1034)
- Used cars in Cambridge (1031)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1480)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1425)
- Used cars in Derby (1086)
- Used cars in Leeds (1416)
- Used cars in Leicester (1324)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1516)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1431)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9456)
- Used cars in East of England (14569)
- Used cars in London (4929)
- Used cars in North East (3814)
- Used cars in North West (12313)
- Used cars in Scotland (5634)
- Used cars in South East (15772)
- Used cars in South West (7983)
- Used cars in Wales (4647)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7812)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (10784)
No recent searches