MOTODROME ARE LAND ROVER SPECIALISTS – SEE WEBSITE FOR FULL STOCK
motodrome offer for sale this magnificent 1976 Land Rover 101 FC, converted into a ‘gunbus’ for use by shooting parties, finished in Blue with tan leather seats (seating for around 12 to 14 people) and fully-trimmed interior. .
101FC’s (Forward Control) were built 1972-78 in answer to the British Army’s need for a heavy-duty 4x4 air-transportable gun tractor that could tow a 105mm Howitzer. Sadly the Howitzer doesn’t come with this one, but, unlike many, it still retains it’s seriously torquey Rover V8 engine.
The last owner (since 2015) commissioned a conversion to gunbus specification for use on his shooting estate, and whilst it’s now surplus to his requirements, it would make an ideal addition to a similar sporting facility.
Specification wise the gunbus spec includes:
• ‘personnel’ rear body with side and rear access doors
• retractable side and rear steps
• full-length bench seats along the full rear body length, trimmed in leather
• chequerplate anti-slip floor
• full blue trim to rear interior
• full headlining with flush interior lighting
• fridge and coffee machine (both powered by a leisure battery system with split charging facility)
• twin rear cab heaters
• 8 x 12 volt sockets with USB ports etc
• LED rear access lighting.
The driver and front passenger aren’t forgotten about either in that both front seats are Exmoor Trim high-back examples, trimmed in leather to match, with door trims matching the rear and the same anti-slip chequerplate flooring. Also it has a front cab heater as well.
Adding up the bills for this conversion, including a professional respray in 2016 and a very extensive mechanical overhaul, it’s had over £20000.00 lavished on it in the last 5 years, but this has resulted in a really fine example.
It’s further fitted with overdrive, electronic ignition, and, according to a bill from the 101 Centre who supplied to it’s first civilian owner in 1998, the LT95 gearbox has high ratio gears.
It’s only had 3 previous civilian owners since being cast in 1998, and the odometer reading of 59000kms is supported by very good history including a sheaf of old MOT’s back to 1998, and loads of bills back to 1998 too. Last serviced at 57000km by a Land Rover specialist.
It comes with MOT to October 2020 and of course qualifies for historic road tax.
All in all, it represents a fantastic opportunity to acquire a really well-sorted example that’s guaranteed to be noticed wherever it goes.
On our own website, you’ll find our usual 2 videos – a walkaround appraisal, and driving impressions.
based near Henley on Thames – viewing by prior appointment
Reference #10524294 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutMid Engined
- Size3,500 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsAll Wheel Drive - Permanent
- Body typeOther
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 3
- Used Land Rover in Abingdon (75)
- Used Land Rover in Ascot (56)
- Used Land Rover in Aylesford (60)
- Used Land Rover in Dover (33)
- Used Land Rover in Guildford (88)
- Used Land Rover in Henley-on-Thames (21)
- Used Land Rover in Milton Keynes (55)
- Used Land Rover in Portsmouth (46)
- Used Land Rover in Southampton (82)
- Used Land Rover in Thames Ditton (42)
- Used Land Rover in Thatcham (50)
- Used cars in Bedford (1276)
- Used cars in Bristol (1165)
- Used cars in Bury (1305)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1830)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1327)
- Used cars in Derby (1355)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1263)
- Used cars in Leeds (1569)
- Used cars in Leicester (1901)
- Used cars in Nottingham (2045)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1261)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11838)
- Used cars in East of England (13969)
- Used cars in London (5422)
- Used cars in North East (4393)
- Used cars in North West (14176)
- Used cars in Scotland (6635)
- Used cars in South East (15920)
- Used cars in South West (8466)
- Used cars in Wales (5148)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8060)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12584)
No recent searches