I bought this car in 2005 from the original owner with 25000 miles on the clock. I owned the car for two years before selling it to my dad to fund my first house purchase. He owned it from 2007 until 2016 when I bought it back from him. This car has literally only ever been driven by three people and I have met all of them!
These lightweight early S2's are becoming really rare now.
I have the original bill of sale from Kings Lotus for £26355 on 18th October 2000. I also have the full book pack and toolkit and leather holster in the boot.
It has never been on a track EVER!
It has only covered just short of 44k miles with all old MOTs' to prove as follows:
2004 - 21492
2005 - 24221
2006 - 28703
2007 - 35550
2008 - 36486
2009 - 38693
2010 - 40101
2011 - 41041
2012 - 42020
2013 - 42531
2014 - 42925
2015 - SORN
2016 - 43181
Service history is as follows:
2001 - after sales service at Ribble Valley
2002 - service at Nick Whale
2003 - service at Nick Whale
2004 - service at Ribble Valley
2005 - service at AW Automotive (plus cam belt)
2006 - service at JPS sports cars
2007 - service at JPS sports cars
2009 - service at Phoenix Motorsport including full geo
2010 - discs and pads all round at Autologic
2011 - service at Pure Lotus including rear dampers
As you can see there are gaps in the service history over the time my dad owned the car. He is an engineer and car fanatic and carried out the work himself. I have lots of receipts for items he bought during that time (see photos). It only covered 2000 miles between 2011 and 2016. When I bought it back from him in 2016 I had it serviced by a friend. I had the handbrake cable changed as it was not working properly and all the usual stuff like oil and filter, plugs, air filter etc. It had a new battery 6 weeks ago and I have a trickle charger for it.
The car comes with an Elemental shower cap which has only been used a handful of times. It is fitted with a standard Pioneer single CD head unit (not that you will want to listen to music when you drive it!) and has the upgraded factory alarm with motion sensors.
The paintwork is in excellent condition and I have just had several of the panels resprayed to remove some areas that were bubbling. The interior is in really nice condition. The alloy wheels are pretty much spotless and the tyres have loads of life left in them. I can measure the tread if required.
I have a new cam belt in a box ready to fit, but the mileage is so low I haven't felt the need to have it fitted yet. The only bad point is the key fobs. The rubber buttons have degraded so they are taped up. You can buy new keys, get them cut and then programme them to the alarm yourself with a really simple process. There are videos on YouTube explaining how to do it.
Thanks for looking. Any questions or requests for photos of specific parts of the car please ask.
- LayoutMid Engined
- Size1,800 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power122 bhp
- Torque124 lbs/ft
- Top speed126 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 5.6 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy38.7 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Emissions177 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,143 mm
- Vehicle width1,719 mm
Previous Owners 3
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
With B&C sports exhaust to annoy the neighbours. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
A fantastic car, great on the track and dry roads, always a pleasure to drive Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Stunning to drive and the day-to-day-liveable spec coupled with loads of torque right through the rev range mean a car that I would actually have used every day if it weren't for my work demo Passat!
Oh and my car has been on Top Gear TV program - how cool is THAT?!
Miss it terribly... Read the full summary
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 63,300 miles
- 122 bhp
- 5,724 miles
- 122 bhp
- Semi Automatic
- 38,085 miles
- 115 bhp
- Used Lotus in Bradford (1)
- Used Lotus in Castleford (7)
- Used Lotus in Harrogate (3)
- Used Lotus in Hessle (1)
- Used Lotus in Knaresborough (3)
- Used Lotus in Leeds (9)
- Used Lotus in Middlesbrough (1)
- Used Lotus in Richmond (1)
- Used Lotus in Sheffield (1)
- Used Lotus in Wetherby (1)
- Used Lotus in York (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (2442)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1773)
- Used cars in Derby (1665)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2230)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5226)
- Used cars in Leeds (2489)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1826)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1586)
- Used cars in Paisley (1640)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1723)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1891)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12729)
- Used cars in East of England (16396)
- Used cars in London (5192)
- Used cars in North East (7490)
- Used cars in North West (18228)
- Used cars in Scotland (21110)
- Used cars in South East (21926)
- Used cars in South West (10723)
- Used cars in Wales (6069)
- Used cars in West Midlands (11281)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17213)
No recent searches