It remained in Switzerland until 1980 when it was purchased by a Mr Steve Holmgren of Santa Barbara, California, USA and he took the car back to California and had it fully restored in 1984. Mr Holmgren kept the car for 37 years and drove approximately 14,000 Kilometers (9,000 miles) in the car before selling it at auction in May 2017 for $73,500 when it was bought by the current English owner. He imported the car to the UK and it was registered here in September 2017 and given the period number plate 860 UYX
The car was re-trimmed in America in 2014/15 and the Engine was given a top-end overhaul and numerous other components replaced in early 2017 and Mr Holmgren spent in excess of $37,000 on these works before it was listed for sale.
The paintwork was not the best and some paint bubbling had appeared on some panels, so the new owner had the car completely stripped to bare metal and the colour was changed from White to the beautiful and period Mercedes Gunmetal Grey Metallic which was only completed earlier this year. In addition to the repaint, all exterior chrome was removed and sent away for re-chroming, a new Soft Top was fitted along with all new rubber seals, Hard Top refurbished and painted and all this amounted to nearly £20,000.
The car has still has its original KMS speedometer as fitted when new and it is now reading 74,150 Kilometers, but we know that it's true mileage is 174,150 Kilometers (108,214 miles) from new.
Finished in Gunmetal Grey Metallic with new Red Leather trim, new Burgundy Soft Top, Factory Hard Top in Gunmetal, original 1.9 Litre 4 Cylinder Engine, 4 Speed Gearbox and its original Steel Wheels and Chrome Hub Caps. It also comes with both Exterior and Indoor Car Covers.
We are just in the process of preparing the car for sale and we are giving the car a pre-sales service and new MOT. Full photographs to follow upon completion.
If you are looking to Finance this car, please click on the Finance Button shown which will put you in touch with our Finance partner Classic & Sports Finance.
Car on display at our showrooms in Mortlake.
View this vehicle on our website
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,900 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power105 bhp
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 2
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Classic Chrome Ltd
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Bromley (6)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in City of Westminster (42)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in East Finchley (5)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Edgware (13)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Orpington (44)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Sidcup (36)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Southall (14)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Teddington (18)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Uxbridge (6)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Wandsworth (5)
- Used Mercedes-Benz in Wimbledon (6)
- Used cars in Bristol (1135)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1596)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1188)
- Used cars in Derby (1128)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1205)
- Used cars in Leeds (1755)
- Used cars in Leicester (1171)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1251)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1438)
- Used cars in Reading (1084)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1031)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8667)
- Used cars in East of England (10510)
- Used cars in London (3675)
- Used cars in North East (4303)
- Used cars in North West (9676)
- Used cars in Scotland (5690)
- Used cars in South East (13163)
- Used cars in South West (6918)
- Used cars in Wales (4667)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8127)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9798)
No recent searches