Built on 03 September 1996 and then supplied to Official Porsche Centre, Dick Lovett of Swindon, with first registration taking place on 02 December 1996.
Detailed on the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity which accompanies the car, options specified by the first owner included a rear wiper and top tinted windscreen.
Finished in the timeless colour combination of H8H8 Arena Red Metallic, with Classic Grey Leatherette trim and fitted with the desirable two piece ‘Targa’ wheels. A set of original Cup wheels are also available by separate negotiation.
This high performance Varioram model spent much of its life in the UK before moving to Paris for two years with its British owner. It then returned to the UK in 2012 and was sold by renowned Porsche Specialist Paul Stephens as a benchmark example, which it remains today, having covered less than 65,000 miles from new.
The whole car presents beautifully, thanks to a combination of light use and careful maintenance over the years, resulting in one of the best looking 993’s for sale today, especially in this lovely period colour, which has recently been treated to ceramic paint protection.
Likewise, the interior is exceptionally well preserved, with the Targa roof mechanism working perfectly and all seals absolutely watertight; the only evidence of its’ 25 years being the very lightest of wear to the drivers’ seat bolster, which we will address prior to sale.
A 993 is eminently usable, due to superb build quality from new, which means this really is a car that you could happily use every day with confidence, or just for special occasions. It’s now old enough to feel like a ‘youngtimer’ classic, but one you really can use without fear.
Unsurprisingly, it’s an absolutely superb driving car and with the Targa roof open, the bark of that creamy flat six as it approaches the red line is truly intoxicating, especially with the 6 speed manual box, culminating in perhaps the ideal specification ‘real world’ classic 911.
Many 993’s have not been consistently maintained over the years, leading to potentially expensive issues surfacing for the next unsuspecting owner. That’s not the case here; our car has always been scrupulously maintained by either Porsche themselves or by genuine marque specialists, resulting in a 911 that drives exactly as Porsche intended and never allowed to deteriorate. From the driving seat, It feels utterly tight, well sorted and absolutely ‘factory’.
Accompanying the car is comprehensive documentation and provenance, comprising original service and instruction manuals, leather wallet, two sets of keys, plus valet key, past MOT certificates, service invoices and a Porsche COA detailing the factory build specification which it carries to this day.
The 993 is rightly regarded as one of the all-time greats in 911 terms and for good reason – it embodies all the best elements of the classic air-cooled 911, but with greater levels of practicality and being a Targa, combines the look of a coupe, but with fresh air motoring – what’s not to love?
A genuinely exceptional example of a highly desirable car that’s also surprisingly practical.
For sale at £56,750 including a fresh oil service and a comprehensive body and interior detail, carried out by Mark, our in-house specialist. The car is in stock and is available for viewing at our rural workshops, located just outside of Melton Mowbray in Twyford, Leicestershire.
Reference #10599716 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutRear Engined
- Size3,600 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power282 bhp
- Torque251 lbs/ft
- Top speed171 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 5.4 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy30.4 mpg
- Body typeOther
- Vehicle height1,310 mm
- Vehicle width1,735 mm
Previous Owners -
- Used Porsche in Hinckley (15)
- Used Porsche in Horncastle (23)
- Used Porsche in Leicester (38)
- Used Porsche in Lincoln (16)
- Used Porsche in Loughborough (23)
- Used Porsche in Melton Mowbray (7)
- Used Porsche in Nottingham (8)
- Used Porsche in Oakham (24)
- Used Porsche in Rushden (9)
- Used Porsche in Swadlincote (8)
- Used Porsche in Towcester (41)
- Used cars in Blackburn (977)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1386)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1221)
- Used cars in Derby (1093)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1267)
- Used cars in Guildford (970)
- Used cars in Leeds (1211)
- Used cars in Leicester (1454)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1556)
- Used cars in Preston (952)
- Used cars in Swindon (948)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8690)
- Used cars in East of England (11055)
- Used cars in London (5039)
- Used cars in North East (4268)
- Used cars in North West (12553)
- Used cars in Scotland (5750)
- Used cars in South East (14364)
- Used cars in South West (6412)
- Used cars in Wales (4262)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7568)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9171)
No recent searches