This absolutely stunning Triumph TR250 (TR5) is a Matching Numbers car and according to the BMIHT Heritage Certificate - Chassis No: CD/6774-L and Engine No: CC/6665-E and was built in Coventry on 2nd July 1968 and exported to the Leyland Motor Corporation of North America in Baltimore, Maryland on 19th July 1968 and registered there shortly after.
The car was imported to the UK in 1998 and was stored for a number of years before being purchased by Essex County Classics in Tillingham, Essex who commenced the restoration of the car.
The car was stripped down to its chassis and the body-shell was stripped to bare metal and repainted in its original colour of Signal Red. Mechanical works included a conversion to RHD, Engine and Gearbox rebuild along with the rear axle and Differential, uprated to TR5 Pi 150bhp specification with the fitting of Fuel Injection, uprated 'unleaded' Cylinder Head, new Pistons and rings, exhaust and inlet manifolds, sports exhaust system and an Overdrive Gearbox was fitted.
The car was fitted with new Black Leather Sports seats piped in White with head restraints, new trim panels, carpets, refurbished 'Surrey Top' with both hard & soft tops, all Chrome fittings have either been re-chromed or renewed, new windscreen and door glass, new Light units, new Rubber seals, Polybushed Suspension, all new Brakes including front Discs, Brake Calipers and new rear brakes, all associated pipework, hoses and hydraulics, new Clutch including hydraulics, new wiring looms, engine ancillaries, new interior trim, new stove enamelled 6.5J Wire Wheels and new Triumph TR5 Pi badges.
The chassis was cleaned and painted and the underside of the car has been waxoyled. The car is still running-in and has covered less than 100 miles since completion and it drives superbly.
Unfortunately there is no early history from the USA and the mileage shown on the speedometer is now 37,500, but we doubt that this is its original mileage from new, although it is possible of course!
If you are looking for one of the best TR250/TR5's currently available for sale, this has to be a serious contender.
Car on display @ our showrooms in Mortlake. View this vehicle on our website
Reference #10173789 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size2,500 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power150 bhp
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used Triumph in Kentish Town (1)
- Used Triumph in Mortlake (3)
- Used Triumph in Teddington (1)
- Used Triumph in Wandsworth (1)
- Used cars in Bedford (1230)
- Used cars in Bristol (1219)
- Used cars in Bury (1346)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1806)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1484)
- Used cars in Derby (1306)
- Used cars in Leeds (1600)
- Used cars in Leicester (1711)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1593)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1996)
- Used cars in Reading (1233)
- Used cars in East Midlands (11655)
- Used cars in East of England (15460)
- Used cars in London (5548)
- Used cars in North East (4475)
- Used cars in North West (14309)
- Used cars in Scotland (6495)
- Used cars in South East (17194)
- Used cars in South West (8451)
- Used cars in Wales (5109)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8464)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12400)
No recent searches