This particular Challenge car is now fitted with a TVR Griffith 500 wet sump engine, making it both simple to maintain and competitive.
The 5 Litre 330 BHP Rover engine has just been refreshed by an ex TVR Motorsport engine builder and is race ready.
Easy to drive and quick,the car is capable of outright and class wins in UK race series such as CSCC Future Classics and is a very strong contender in Class B of the Dunlop TVR European Challenge, where again it is capable of class wins.
It would be an excellent entrant in Bernies V8's and has also raced in the vibrant BARC Northwest Sports Saloons Championship.
A high capacity fuel tank is fitted to allow enough capacity for 40 minute CSCC races.
These Challenge cars are also now being raced in Europe as well as the UK,
this example has a long history of racing in the original TVR Tuscan Challenge , and has excellent provenance.
The engine runs a lightly modified version of the Lucas 14CUX fuel injection system to allow repair, replacement and on going running cost's to be kept reasonable.
Whilst having a relatively modest 330BHP , this Tuscan makes the most of it's power ,running through a race prepped T5 gearbox and BTR 3.73 Diff it's tractable and via the Ohlins 2 way adjustable shocks is setup to be very predictable in corners.
Painted in Ferrari red and running on polished 18" O.Z Challenge spec split rims wheels and removable front splitter,this Tuscan always attracts positive attention in the paddock.
Ready for 2017, the car will come with newly filled fire extinguisher, a spare set of Team Dynamics Challenge spec wheels, with ex BTCC spec slicks or wets and a spare set of unmounted slicks or wets.
Complimenting it's role as a race car, this Tuscan is also makes a great track day car , it was last run 28/01/17 at a wet Oulton Park and proved to be great fun to drive ,even on a wet circuit.Some short clips of the car's last outing are on Youtube..
"RetroWheels Racing Oulton"
Reference #7416811 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
- Used cars in Blackburn (960)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1422)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1182)
- Used cars in Derby (1038)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1352)
- Used cars in Guildford (951)
- Used cars in Leeds (1177)
- Used cars in Leicester (1469)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1506)
- Used cars in Preston (914)
- Used cars in Swindon (929)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8429)
- Used cars in East of England (11017)
- Used cars in London (4945)
- Used cars in North East (4173)
- Used cars in North West (12456)
- Used cars in Scotland (5911)
- Used cars in South East (14005)
- Used cars in South West (6287)
- Used cars in Wales (4302)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7487)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (8808)
No recent searches