It is a 1.8T with the AUM engine which has the K03s (larger as standard) turbo, it has done under 145k miles but for anybody who knows these engines they are bulletproof if maintained. This one has an excellent documented service history and has been well maintained both during and prior to my ownership which shows by the condition it is in today, with myself doing two oil changes within the last 12 months alone.
Also, in the last 12 months it's had;
New brakes pads all round,
New front disc brakes,
New fuel pump,
New coolant sensor,
A new bigger battery (larger capacity),
And, a new Turbo which I had fitted at a cost of over £1200.00 only last February due to failure of the previous one. So, that's the most expensive engine component already replaced for you.
Also, in my ownership I have made some subtle changes which can all be put back to standard. The engine has been remapped by the renowned VW specialist Awesome GTI near Manchester, where they won't tune a vehicle until they have deemed it to be in A1 condition. So, the engine is now running at 198 bhp which is an increase of 48bhp from the standard 150bhp this increased the torque by 43Nm (printout is available), this improves the vehicle no end and feels like the power VW should have originally given it whilst keeping its economy. It is also fitted with Performance Airfilter (a new standard filter will be supplied with the vehicle) and a Whiteline Rear Adjustable Anti Roll Bar has been fitted which reduces the body roll that the MK4 is know for, whilst keeping the standard GTI ride.
A Double Din Touch Screen Bluetooth Stereo is fitted which gives you handsfree calling but the original CD/Cassette player will be provided should you want to return to standard. The interior wood finish has had carbon fibre look stickers stuck over giving it a more modern look but again these can be peeled off if not to your taste, taking it back to standard.
Whilst the bodywork keeps it's un-faded vibrant Tornado Red colour without the usual rust around the rear hatch door handle like most, it does have some lacquer peeling from the passenger side door mirror (see photos) this was caused by the extremely hot summer last year! The interior is in very good clean condition with only a small hole (again see photo) evident on the rear seat from where the previous owner had a childs seat and it appears to have worn through but this is hardly noticeable. The interior benefits from the Climatic Air Conditioning which works well.
So, all in all it is a subtlety modified VW Golf 1.8T GTI in the best colour of Tornado Red which is in very good clean condition and has been well maintained. Why sell then I hear you ask? I have an old Porsche which is in need of some TLC and unfortunately the Golf has to go to help fund this. I have however enjoyed my time owning it and hope the next owner will enjoy it just as much as I have.
The vehicle is located in Warrington, Cheshire and is collection only.
By all means make me an offer but please do me the courtesy of looking at the vehicle first, as you won't be disappointed.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size1,800 cc
- Power198 bhp
- Torque217 lbs/ft
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsFront Wheel Drive
- Economy35.8 mpg
- Body typeHatchback
- Emissions192 (g/km)
- Vehicle height1,439 mm
- Vehicle width1,735 mm
Previous Owners 3
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Used Volkswagen in Altrincham (106)
- Used Volkswagen in Bolton (135)
- Used Volkswagen in Bootle (93)
- Used Volkswagen in Bury (92)
- Used Volkswagen in Carlisle (95)
- Used Volkswagen in Chester (130)
- Used Volkswagen in Crewe (70)
- Used Volkswagen in Macclesfield (75)
- Used Volkswagen in Manchester (90)
- Used Volkswagen in Stockport (122)
- Used Volkswagen in Warrington (106)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1450)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1243)
- Used cars in Derby (1420)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1265)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1248)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1679)
- Used cars in Leeds (1838)
- Used cars in Leicester (1330)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1226)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1632)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1233)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9507)
- Used cars in East of England (9986)
- Used cars in London (3258)
- Used cars in North East (5587)
- Used cars in North West (10849)
- Used cars in Scotland (7417)
- Used cars in South East (13686)
- Used cars in South West (8388)
- Used cars in Wales (5173)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9710)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12276)
No recent searches