Insurance Query; Getting a motorcycle back on the road
Discussion
People of SP&L, I could do with some help.
To summarise; I was knocked off my motorcycle a couple of months back, entirely the 3rd parties fault and the correct process was followed (photos, details etc).
As I'm less than a year riding, I didn't particularly want to involve my insurance company, so I have pursed this through an AMC (I have notified my insurer though). The bike has been assessed and has been written off as a Cat C; through the AMC, I get to keep the bike as salvage as part of my settlement.
So I now have the bike back and I'm 100% certain that I can fix the bike easily enough. I've done some research and apparently it is just a case of putting the bike through an MOT and making sure it is listed as a Cat C if/when I ever sell it. All good.
My question is; at what point can I put her back on the road? The AMC and the 3rd party insurer are still duking it at the moment and this is likely to go on for at least a few months, leaving me without a bike (it's a weekend toy, but I still want to ride...).
Can I fix her up, put her through an MOT and get her re-insured before the insurers have settled or do I have to wait...?
To summarise; I was knocked off my motorcycle a couple of months back, entirely the 3rd parties fault and the correct process was followed (photos, details etc).
As I'm less than a year riding, I didn't particularly want to involve my insurance company, so I have pursed this through an AMC (I have notified my insurer though). The bike has been assessed and has been written off as a Cat C; through the AMC, I get to keep the bike as salvage as part of my settlement.
So I now have the bike back and I'm 100% certain that I can fix the bike easily enough. I've done some research and apparently it is just a case of putting the bike through an MOT and making sure it is listed as a Cat C if/when I ever sell it. All good.
My question is; at what point can I put her back on the road? The AMC and the 3rd party insurer are still duking it at the moment and this is likely to go on for at least a few months, leaving me without a bike (it's a weekend toy, but I still want to ride...).
Can I fix her up, put her through an MOT and get her re-insured before the insurers have settled or do I have to wait...?
Forums | Speed, Plod & the Law | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


