Churchill NCD not accepted
Discussion
Had a letting saying because there's a gap of 4 months they can't accept no claims proof. Is this normal?
I've phoned them and explained the gap was because it wasn't being used after the sale of a car and it's not being used on anything else but I don't hold out much hope as they said leave it with them?
Think they'll cancel on me?
I've phoned them and explained the gap was because it wasn't being used after the sale of a car and it's not being used on anything else but I don't hold out much hope as they said leave it with them?
Think they'll cancel on me?
Was this for a new policy taken out - I assume so.
“ Usually “ Insurers ask for these / Tracker confirmations / outstanding information etc within 30 days so yes think waiting 4 months is a stretch and I’m surprised they didn’t issue a reminder.
That said not sure why they cannot just accept the proof now.
I assume they are more likely to ask for more money as opposed to just cancel.
If it were me I’d be emailing them with the proof and why it’s been so delayed as you say and asking for confirmation that all is now in order as opposed to just waiting.
“ Usually “ Insurers ask for these / Tracker confirmations / outstanding information etc within 30 days so yes think waiting 4 months is a stretch and I’m surprised they didn’t issue a reminder.
That said not sure why they cannot just accept the proof now.
I assume they are more likely to ask for more money as opposed to just cancel.
If it were me I’d be emailing them with the proof and why it’s been so delayed as you say and asking for confirmation that all is now in order as opposed to just waiting.
MitchT said:
Interesting one. I let my insurance end on 30 July as we only really need one car between us and the OH's is cheaper to run, so I've been a named driver on her car with no insurance of my own. I was under the impression you had two years before your NCD evaporated.
So was I. But as it’s all made up cobblers this insurer may have their own ‘rules’. So go to an insurer with different made up rules.
alscar said:
Was this for a new policy taken out - I assume so.
“ Usually “ Insurers ask for these / Tracker confirmations / outstanding information etc within 30 days so yes think waiting 4 months is a stretch and I’m surprised they didn’t issue a reminder.
That said not sure why they cannot just accept the proof now.
I assume they are more likely to ask for more money as opposed to just cancel.
If it were me I’d be emailing them with the proof and why it’s been so delayed as you say and asking for confirmation that all is now in order as opposed to just waiting.
No, new policy, I sent the proof immediately, however my previous policy expired 4 months ago hence the gap. Always assumed industry standard was a 2 year gap.“ Usually “ Insurers ask for these / Tracker confirmations / outstanding information etc within 30 days so yes think waiting 4 months is a stretch and I’m surprised they didn’t issue a reminder.
That said not sure why they cannot just accept the proof now.
I assume they are more likely to ask for more money as opposed to just cancel.
If it were me I’d be emailing them with the proof and why it’s been so delayed as you say and asking for confirmation that all is now in order as opposed to just waiting.
A500leroy said:
No, new policy, I sent the proof immediately, however my previous policy expired 4 months ago hence the gap. Always assumed industry standard was a 2 year gap.
Yes me too although individual companies obviously have their own rules. I would still be emailing them though.
A500leroy said:
Well that was quick.
They were 'just checking' the no claims wasn't being used elsewhere as there was a gap and have now accepted it.
Wasted afternoon for no reason.
What the heck was that about?
Result! Is there any way their previous correspondence could be interpreted that way?They were 'just checking' the no claims wasn't being used elsewhere as there was a gap and have now accepted it.
Wasted afternoon for no reason.
What the heck was that about?
I've been asked to provide proof in the past (despite some on here claiming this doesn't happen) but it's always been clear to me that providing this continues the insurance. There's always been words to the effect of "insurance will be cancelled if NCD proof not provided.
Richard-D said:
A500leroy said:
Well that was quick.
They were 'just checking' the no claims wasn't being used elsewhere as there was a gap and have now accepted it.
Wasted afternoon for no reason.
What the heck was that about?
Result! Is there any way their previous correspondence could be interpreted that way?They were 'just checking' the no claims wasn't being used elsewhere as there was a gap and have now accepted it.
Wasted afternoon for no reason.
What the heck was that about?
I've been asked to provide proof in the past (despite some on here claiming this doesn't happen) but it's always been clear to me that providing this continues the insurance. There's always been words to the effect of "insurance will be cancelled if NCD proof not provided.
Forums | General Gassing | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


