Superseding the 916, in 1999 Ducati launched the 996 model that introduced a host of upgrades to the original, iconic bike. The range-topping ‘SPS’ (Sport Production Special) version saved weight over the standard versions and its additional upgrades included changes to the engine to produce 124hp.
Our SPS/F or ‘Foggy’ edition was one of a limited edition model introduced into the European market (as opposed to the UK 916SPS Foggarty replica), with only 150 examples being offered for sale. Ducati introduced the model to allow homologation of a new ‘Kyalami’ spec frame (for their World Superbike racing team), which had a lowered cross-brace that allowed a larger airbox that boosted the power output.
No.32 (of 150) was delivered to its first owner in August 1999 via Ducati Hamburg and over the next two years it covered 9263kms and was supported by the correct servicing work being carried out at the supplying dealership during this period.
Since 2001 until April 2019 the bike was used very sparingly with it only covering an additional 1166kms, during this period the bike was then taken off the road and admired as part of a collection.
A service was carried out in December 2015 at 10429kms and more recently a full service being undertaken in April 2019 at 10429kms, you can see this example has had a very gentle life and been looked after fastidiously.
In perfect health and showing no real signs of use, our bike comes with both sets of exhausts supplied when new, its full book pack, both keys, the Ducati Certificate of Authenticity plaque and its numbered USB-style ignition key in the presentation tin.
Whether you plan on adding sympathetic mileage to No.32 or want to put it on display, we are confident you won’t find a better example out there as these bikes are getting harder to find, especially in this condition and would be a great addition to any serious motorcycle collection. Do not miss this opportunity to purchase an iconic piece of Ducati’s history.
-710km 05/08/1999 Ducati Hamburg
-9263km 27/07/2001 Ducati Hamburg
-10429km 23/12/2015 Ducati Eymet (France)
-10429km 09/04/2019 Ducati Worx (UK)
Reference #9703440 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size998 cc
- Top speed-
- Body type-
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Car Iconics Ltd
- Used Ducati in Brigg (1)
- Used Ducati in Grantham (1)
- Used Ducati in Oakham (3)
- Used Ducati in Sutton-in-Ashfield (1)
- Motorbikes in Bristol (39)
- Motorbikes in Cirencester (7)
- Motorbikes in Grantham (21)
- Motorbikes in Knaresborough (3)
- Motorbikes in Maidstone (24)
- Motorbikes in Malton (10)
- Motorbikes in Milton Keynes (17)
- Motorbikes in Oakham (4)
- Motorbikes in Peterborough (7)
- Motorbikes in Wellingborough (7)
- Motorbikes in Wigan (4)
- Motorbikes in East Midlands (42)
- Motorbikes in East of England (20)
- Motorbikes in London (7)
- Motorbikes in North East (2)
- Motorbikes in North West (10)
- Motorbikes in Scotland (4)
- Motorbikes in South East (66)
- Motorbikes in South West (53)
- Motorbikes in Wales (1)
- Motorbikes in West Midlands (3)
- Motorbikes in Yorkshire and The Humber (17)
No recent searches