David Kirkham was restoring the 427 Shelby Cobra CSX3104. At the same time, a relative bought, sold and imported to the US a Polish fighter jet (in that order). The already sold jet had bounced inside the shipping container and the nose was severely dented. David was called to fix the plane, and during inspection of the damage, realised the construction was strikingly similar to CSX3104.
Inspired, David found the manufacturer in Poland and sent a fax off to Poland. The simple note read, "Can you guys build an aluminum bodied car?" Within 12 hours the reply: "No problem."
A week later, David was on a plane to Warsaw with an English-Polish dictionary, a toy model of a Cobra, and a dream. He spent a week scouting the factory and exploring their manufacturing abilities. He saw a silent factory with idle machines. The enormous factory had produced aircraft for over 60 years. During the tour, David knew this was the place he wanted to build cars. After meeting with three generations of skilled craftsmen eager to make these cars, he forged some agreements and left filled with high expectations and enthusiasm. Since then, Kirkham Motorsports has become one of the leading manufacturers in the component car industry. At the inception of the company, Kirkham Motorsports focused on building the most accurate replicas in the business. Kirkham Motorsports still offers incredibly accurate replicas, but technology and manufacturing techniques have evolved since the 1960s. Kirkham Motorsports is a quality-focused company, pushing the performance envelope without forgetting originality.
This absolutely amazing Kirkham is correctly SVA/IVA registered as a KIRKHAM 427 SC on the 01/05/2016 and has only covered 6241 miles with its one loving owner.
Finished in the most amazing polished aluminium coachwork with brushed le-mans stripes.
Le-mans removable aluminium hard top.
Knock on Halibrand Cobra wheels with Avon tyres
Powered by a 427 supplied and built by RPM (Robert Pond Motorsports) stroked to 482ci and producing an amazing 586bhp and 580lbft (Full spec available on request)
This is by far the ultimate Cobra that must be seen
Please call us for more information
Video on our website
Please call 01992 573 564 / 07711 630 348
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #9171840 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size7,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power583 bhp
- Torque580 lbs/ft
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 1
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- Used cars in Birmingham (1205)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1455)
- Used cars in Derby (1328)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1207)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1603)
- Used cars in Leeds (1783)
- Used cars in Leicester (1268)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1234)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1765)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1442)
- Used cars in Stockport (1160)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10219)
- Used cars in East of England (9743)
- Used cars in London (3272)
- Used cars in North East (5773)
- Used cars in North West (11296)
- Used cars in Scotland (7310)
- Used cars in South East (14009)
- Used cars in South West (8458)
- Used cars in Wales (5029)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10364)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12868)
No recent searches