Powerful lovely sounding engines, slick five speed gearboxes and nimble well balanced handling meant that they drove better than most of their contemporaries including competitors from Stuttgart and Modena!
The production run carried on until 1977 when Alfa eventually bowed to the trend of wedge shaped cars and introduced the Alfetta Coupe.
This beautiful example was among the last being registered new in Holland in 1977 and originally destined for the USA along with a few hundred others instead they remained in Europe sold by the Dealer network in Germany and Holland.
There is a confirmatory letter from Alfa Classic in Milan of the spec and build in the car file.
She only had one owner in Holland for 36 years who was a famous politician and nobleman and two more once in the UK
Registered in the Uk a few years ago she has been maintained to a high standard and an expensive electric Webasto elec sunroof fitted.
The condition is amongst the best I have seen with a lovely combination of Periwinkle Blue with Burgundy leather sport seats and Campagnola alloy wheels shod with whitewall tyres.
The Gtv drives so well with an incredible rorty bellow from the carbs and twin cam chatter, the gearbox is smooth with absolutely no synchro issues providing the driver with a delicately balanced driving experience.
I have driven this car for over 200 miles and cannot fault the mechanical or bodywork condition with expenditure to recommission the car totalling around €12,000 around 2013.
Supplied fully inspected and serviced with a 12 month warranty.
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Modified and totally rebuilt to be similar to a GTA. 2l engine upgraded to c. 180bhp Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Recent full restoration to fast road spec. Great fun and full of character. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
This was a great car for 3 years in the 80's. MUch more solid than the soluble Alfasuds and with a nice quality interior. The transaxle gearbox was its bugbear with second gear never anything less than a fight and a graunch which blunted its handling prowess as you generally left it in 3rd. Under-... Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- Used Alfa Romeo in Crawley (11)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Guildford (26)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Kidlington (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Milton Keynes (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Portsmouth (21)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Pulborough (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Redhill (5)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Saint Leonards-on-sea (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Tunbridge Wells (13)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Walton-on-Thames (7)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Weybridge (5)
- Used cars in Bristol (2463)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1786)
- Used cars in Derby (1678)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2200)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5211)
- Used cars in Leeds (2469)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1864)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1552)
- Used cars in Paisley (1625)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1778)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1906)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12801)
- Used cars in East of England (16462)
- Used cars in London (5242)
- Used cars in North East (7556)
- Used cars in North West (18150)
- Used cars in Scotland (20967)
- Used cars in South East (22084)
- Used cars in South West (10747)
- Used cars in Wales (6085)
- Used cars in West Midlands (11262)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17228)
No recent searches