2013 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider
Registration no. GU63 GOJ
Chassis no. ZAR92000000049305
* One of only 500 built
* Two owners
* Left-hand drive
* 7,675 miles from new
* Full Ferrari/Maserati service history
First seen in 'concept car' form at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 2003, the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione revived a famous name from the Italian company's illustrious past when it entered production in 2006. Styled by Wolfgang Egger, the modern-day 8C was received with universal acclaim, its gorgeous looks recalling those of Carrozzeria Touring's aerodynamic Alfa sports-racers of the late 1930s, while from the side there was more than a hint of Zagato's original Giulia TZ.
Within a couple of weeks, orders had been received for well over 1,000 cars, despite a UK price tag of £111,000. Alfa, though, stuck by the decision to build only 500 examples of the 8C Competizione coupé but later changed its collective mind and made a further 500 Spider roadsters, making a combined total for both types of 1,000 cars.
Designed at Alfa Centro Stile in Arese, the 8C used a development of the Maserati Quattroporte double-wishbone suspension (albeit on a shorter-wheelbase chassis) and was powered by a Ferrari-built V8 engine, with final assembly taking place at the Maserati factory in Modena. The 4.7-litre V8 produced 450bhp at 7,000rpm and drove via a six-speed, semi-automatic, paddle shift gearbox.
Having debuted at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in 2005, the Spider commenced production in 2009, the 8C's transformation into a convertible having been achieved by means of a two-layer electrically operated fabric roof.
No one buys an Alfa Romeo, and certainly not one as special as the 8C, without being interested in its performance potential. Alfa claimed a 0-100km/h (0-62mph) time of 4.2 seconds and a top speed of around 290km/h (181mph) despite the fact that an 8C had reached 186mph during testing. It is hard to imagine that any of the fortunate 1,000 customers was at all dissatisfied.
First registered in 2015 this superb Alfa Romeo 8C Spider is presented in the most desirable colour combination of 8C Red with painted cloverleaf shields, charcoal interior and has had only two owners, the current (first) owner having bought it back from the second. Having covered a mere 7,675 miles from new, the car comes with full service history from Ferrari/Maserati Swindon, there being three stamps in the book, the last dated 12th November 2018 at 4,578 miles.
Noteworthy features include a carbon fibre dashboard, reclining carbon fibre sports seats, carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fibre shifting paddles, automatic xenon headlamps, leather seats with red stitching, and carbon fibre rear diffuser. A rare opportunity to acquire a limited edition Alfa Romeo supercar that can only become increasingly collectible.
Reference #10226783 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size4,700 cc
- Top speed-
- TypeSemi Automatic
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 2
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
- Used Alfa Romeo in City of Westminster (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Croydon (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Orpington (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Teddington (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Uxbridge (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Welling (1)
- Used Alfa Romeo in West Brompton (2)
- Used cars in Bedford (1108)
- Used cars in Bristol (1441)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1737)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1582)
- Used cars in Derby (1378)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1172)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1302)
- Used cars in Leeds (2032)
- Used cars in Leicester (1382)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1431)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1787)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10328)
- Used cars in East of England (15057)
- Used cars in London (4833)
- Used cars in North East (5080)
- Used cars in North West (12795)
- Used cars in Scotland (6616)
- Used cars in South East (15925)
- Used cars in South West (7965)
- Used cars in Wales (5384)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8636)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12602)
No recent searches