We have here a beautiful and rare 1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider Veloce, UK Supplied, Right Hand Drive. our car is finished in Red with Black interior and is in a beautiful restored condition and has spent 17 years with its previous owner. The service history is second to none with two huge folders containing a comprehensive history back going back many years.
A modern classic by Pininfarina, the simple-yet-elegant "Kamm tail" Spider bodywork which premiered on the 1970 Spider Veloce would prove enduringly popular, lasting into the 1990s. The Spider's mechanics were essentially those of the Giulia while the engine was the GTV's double-overhead-camshaft four. The original 1750 version was a one-year-only model, with the advent of the Spica-injected 2000 model in 1971.
Wind tunnel testing resulted in the 2000's signature drag-reducing Kamm tail, while other improvements over the earlier Duetto models included bigger brakes and a limited-slip differential. Outstanding speed, acceleration and handling were all characteristics of this class-leading model, which nevertheless possessed a remarkable docility, even at high speeds. Italian for 'quick', the Veloce is indeed a speedy classic Alfa Romeo.
Our car is in a beautiful condition with only a tiny minor cosmetic scratch on the rear panel, it drives exactly as it should and needs nothing, it is ready for the summer. IT is taxed and Mot'd and is showing 97k mIles from new.
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Never costs less than $1000 for a service due to need to reattach or replace various broken bits.
Supringly boring to drive.
What did I expect from an Alfa!! Read the full summary
Beautiful shape - no rust whatsoever! Just added to the stable by trading away my rusty 1963 MGB. Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
So far so good. Fantastic noise from a 4-pot motor :-) Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- Used Alfa Romeo in Crawley (11)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Guildford (26)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Kidlington (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Milton Keynes (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Portsmouth (21)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Pulborough (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Redhill (5)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Saint Leonards-on-sea (3)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Tunbridge Wells (13)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Walton-on-Thames (8)
- Used Alfa Romeo in Weybridge (5)
- Used cars in Bristol (2441)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1763)
- Used cars in Derby (1647)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2235)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5226)
- Used cars in Leeds (2489)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1826)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1584)
- Used cars in Paisley (1640)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1716)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1893)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12691)
- Used cars in East of England (16370)
- Used cars in London (5191)
- Used cars in North East (7492)
- Used cars in North West (18218)
- Used cars in Scotland (21113)
- Used cars in South East (21877)
- Used cars in South West (10710)
- Used cars in Wales (6053)
- Used cars in West Midlands (11287)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17209)
No recent searches