I have been collecting parts for quite some time now and have ammassed most of the parts to make either a 550 GTS or Le Mans car.
These are all original Prodrive carbon fibre parts included in the sale are:
Original Prodrive Carbon Front Wings (2)- these weigh less than 2kg a side - this was taken from the Original Hitotsuyama Racing NOMAD car which raced in the Japanese sportcar series
Original Prodrive Carbon Rear Wings (2)- these weigh less than 2kg a side from the Original Hitotsuyama Racing NOMAD
Original Prodrive Carbon Front Bumper - this are less than 3KG - taken from the car which one that Won Petit Le mans In Atlanta
Original Prodrive Carbon Rear Bumper - his are less than 3KG from the original Prodrive Hitotsuyama Racing NOMAD car
Original Prodrive Carbon Diffuser - his are less than 3KG - Hitotsuyama Racing NOMAD car
In addition I had picked up a number of original Items and memorabilia about the car - which will be included in the sale
Original Prodrive Works Team T-Shirt
Original Prodrive Works Team Shirt
Ebbro Model of The Nomad Ferrari 550 GTS Maranello Super Gt 500
Original Press release Poster from Prodrive for the GTS Road Car
Original Evo Magazine with test of The GTS road car
Original MotorSport Magazine with the test of the GTS road car
The Donor car, is a 2002 LHD Ferrari 550 with 12,000 miles which is included in the sale.
It was my intention to build a road going version like the one in EVO Magazine - only one was produced back in 2004 it cost £90k + a donor car. There are a couple of parts missing to finish, but most of the parts are still avalible to replicate that build.
The Prodrive Kit allows the Ferrari 550 to shed more than 270 kg from its original weight. It gave the car an incredible power to weight ratio of 392 BHP per ton rather than the original 287 BHP ton and a 0-60 mph of 3.9 seconds. Or you could go the whole hog and turn it into a replica Le Mans racer.
The majority of parts came form the Hitotsuama Racing team ‘Nomad’ chassis number ZFFZR49B000105849 , I purchased the parts directly from Nakamura Engineering - who owned the car (Hitotsuyama Racing ran the team).
By all accounts The ‘Nomad’ was a very successful race car an the All Japan GT Championship. It raced 23 times in its career between 2004 and 2007 and finished 18 of those races. Winning 2 races firstly the Sugo 1000km in 2006, then the Motegi 1000km on each occasion beating many Le Mans Prototypes. It also got a further 3 podium finishes. With an additional 4 class wins.
The Front Spoiler was taken from the original 2003 Class winning GTS chassis number ZFFZR49B000108612 car that won at Petit Le Mans in Atlanta during this race it was driven to victory by Alain Menu, Peter Kox and Tomas Enge. This also comes with the original signature by Alain Menu and the original paperwork from Prodrive.
In total 12 Prodrive cars were built, these cars had an extraordianry record also winning at Le Mans and Spa 24 Hours. All in all, the 550 Prodrive cars achieved a colossal 47 pole positions, and a further 66 podium finishes to add to the 49 race wins! The origanl race cars are obvilously selling for over £1m now.
The Donor Car, Its a 2002 Ferrari 550 Maranello from Japan with 12,000 miles on it. The car had a small accident and therefore is the idea candidate as the Carbon Prodrive panels replace nearly all of the damaged ones. It was imported last year and is not registered as having an accident anywhere. I have had the car taken to Dick Lovett in Swindon to verify its authenticity and that its Body and Engine are matching numbers.
I have loads of period pictures and history in relation to the cars - which I will also include in the sale
It will make and extraordinary road or an amazing track and race car.
- LayoutFront Engined
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Private Seller
Private Seller, Berkshire, United Kingdom
- Used Ferrari in Ashford (32)
- Used Ferrari in Banstead (12)
- Used Ferrari in Egham (25)
- Used Ferrari in Guildford (10)
- Used Ferrari in High Wycombe (54)
- Used Ferrari in Hindhead (30)
- Used Ferrari in Horsham (22)
- Used Ferrari in Longfield (20)
- Used Ferrari in Lyndhurst (70)
- Used Ferrari in Maidstone (24)
- Used Ferrari in Milton Keynes (9)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1253)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1304)
- Used cars in Derby (1447)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1265)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1593)
- Used cars in Leeds (1762)
- Used cars in Leicester (1256)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1312)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1602)
- Used cars in Reading (1116)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1177)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8865)
- Used cars in East of England (9708)
- Used cars in London (3279)
- Used cars in North East (4987)
- Used cars in North West (10365)
- Used cars in Scotland (6747)
- Used cars in South East (13113)
- Used cars in South West (7906)
- Used cars in Wales (4668)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8738)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11458)
No recent searches