ONE OF ONLY 156 MANUFACTURED IN RIGHT HAND DRIVE IN EXCEPTIONAL RESTORED CONDITION & WELL DOCUMENTED.
MODEL HISTORY & PRODUCTION
Introduced by Ferrari in 1968 at the Paris Salon offered a combination of enormous performance, in a stunning Pininfarina bodywork & is the last front-engine Ferrari GT prior to Fiat’s involvement. Therefore, it occupies a special place in the Marenello history. In recognition of the prancing horse’s stunning one-two-three victory at the 1967 Daytona 24 Hours, the press unofficially named it the “Daytona”. The early cars had “Plexiglass” headlight covers while this model retains the retracting headlamps providing for an effortless long bonnet & chiselled nose, with the rakish cabin set well back accentuating the front end.
The Daytona was a stop gap between the Ferrari’s outgoing 275 GTB/4 & their mid-engine 365 GT4 Berlinetta Boxer. Power was provided by the Colombo derived Tipo 251 V12 engine, which displaced 4.4 liters with four overhead camshafts & six Weber twin-choke carburetors. Output stood at about 350 brake horsepower, sufficient for a 0-100 km/h time of just 5.9 seconds & a top speed of 280 km/h (174 mph) with a five speed manual transmission.
The Daytona was discontinued in 1973.
THIS ACTUAL CAR
One of the last Daytona's built in 1973, desirable rare right hand drive form, always UK registered, matching numbers engine & transmission presented in Rosso Chiaro with Tan Leather Interior / black inserts, factory air-conditioning, electric windows, original 8-Track stereo, 9-inch rear wheels & currently on valuable appropriate registration plate available under separate negotiation.
One of 156 right hand drive Berlinettas built on a total production of 1,406 to include Berlinetta’s & Spiders.
Accompanying the car is an outstanding historical & well documented file which includes:
Original Factory / Dealer order & transit invoices / correspondence
Original leather pouch, operating, maintenance & service handbook
Exploded parts handbook & workshop manual
Original warranty card & Ferrari Club Membership brochure
Tool roll with associated parts & jack
Historic MOT’s from 1979 supporting its current mileage of 43,000 miles
Copy historic V5 registration documents
Historic road taxes
Historic maintenance invoices
The Daytona has benefited from continuous maintenance throughout its life and presents in magnificent order, with current full bare metal re-spray & full engine & ancillary component rebuild, with Dyno tested & running in producing above factory specifications.
The Daytona engine & exhaust sounds superb & drives superbly. A Daytona well known by us for a number of years, as most work done by our team & comes highly recommended.
As the most collectible Classic Ferrari, in right hand drive, low production & low mileage is a must for any collection.
This vehicle is available for viewing in Chelmsford, Essex UK strictly on an appointment basis & would suit a collector with whom this vehicle will represent a good acquisition opportunity.
WARRANTY & FINANCE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
pure car porn, best car i ever owned, Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Not a car for short journeys, this requires a real stretch to appreciate. Le mans in a daytona (2003) was a trip of dreams. Leaving the race at 4.05pm and being at home in Northamptonshire before midnight says something about its ability to eat the miles even after 30 years. The expansion of my... Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
- Used Ferrari in Cambridge (5)
- Used Ferrari in Chelmsford (11)
- Used Ferrari in Colchester (36)
- Used Ferrari in Grays (3)
- Used Ferrari in Hatfield (3)
- Used Ferrari in Leigh-on-Sea (7)
- Used Ferrari in Loughton (3)
- Used Ferrari in Rickmansworth (21)
- Used Ferrari in Romford (8)
- Used Ferrari in Sandy (4)
- Used Ferrari in St Albans (13)
- Used cars in Bristol (1407)
- Used cars in Bury (1127)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1551)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1518)
- Used cars in Derby (1199)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1139)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1327)
- Used cars in Leeds (1759)
- Used cars in Leicester (1232)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1400)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1663)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9523)
- Used cars in East of England (14229)
- Used cars in London (4927)
- Used cars in North East (4585)
- Used cars in North West (12506)
- Used cars in Scotland (6436)
- Used cars in South East (15611)
- Used cars in South West (7893)
- Used cars in Wales (4978)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8175)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11423)
No recent searches