During the 1990s the car was exported from Italy to japan where it underwent a series of modifications, reportedly in preparation for the car to compete in a Japanese GT series. These modifications included upgraded brakes (Calipers and discs), up-rated dampers, genuine BBS LM wheels, LM body panels to include the front clam and the associated ducting for the radiator, rear wing and a digital dash display.
The car was imported from Japan into the UK in 2011. Upon its arrival the car was sent to a well recognized Ferrari restorer/ body specialist where it was entirely rebuilt. The car was rebuilt to the same LM specification that it arrived in but a number of changes were made to allow the car to be used on the road. The quality of the work was very good and the car remains in fantastic condition both cosmetically and mechanically. The car received new tank bags during the restoration (2011/12)
The car is a triple matching numbers car, so the engine, gearbox and chassis are all verified as being the original items the car was built with.
The interior is in exceptional condition with the original seats being unmarked, as well as the head lining, centre console and dash all being in excellent condition. The carbon panels within the interior are in excellent order also.
Mechanically, the car is excellent, having benefited from regular servicing and minimal use the car performs exactly as you would hope with an extraordinary amount of power on tap and a noise that compliments its LM look perfectly. The car breathes through a straight through Tubi system and with that comes all of the flames and crackling you would expect from such a radical race car on the road!
The gearbox and clutch are in equally as impressive condition as the rest of the car and the car retains its original magnesium bell housing.
The car handles impeccably well thanks to the adjustable coil overs and revised geometry to suit. During the restoration the car had all four corners removed and rebuilt. as previously mentioned, the car now sits on genuine magnesium BBS LM wheels which are all shod with nearly new Pirelli P-zero tyres.
The brakes are well suited to the cars power (A common complaint on a hard driven F40 is that the brakes are inadequate so many are upgraded) the original calipers have been replaced in favor of slightly larger brembo items which is a recognized upgrade on F40s that are used as intended (Hard!)
This is a unique opportunity to acquire a beautiful F40 that has been modified in period to a good standard to further improve the exceptional performance a standard car offers. The modifications are all reversible and we have the vast majority of the parts required to do so available separately.
(Front clam, brand new indicator pods, headlight assemblies and brackets, rear wing, dash panel, under bonnet well)
The car shall receive a full service including cam-belts prior to sale.
To summarize; this is an immensely capable F40 that performs admirably and looks incredible, offered in impeccable condition. It is a full matching numbers non cat, non adjust EU supplied car. It is priced competitively and is without doubt the most cost effective entry into F40 ownership.
Please call Tom on (+44) 01327 857368
- LayoutMid Engined
- Size2,900 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 1
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
A very late production car, the latest I've ever seen. Delivered in September 1992 through Italian dealer Crepaldi Auto of Milan. Ordered new with the optional extra of Adjustable Suspension, with only 1 previous owner from new, still complete with its original... Read the full summary
Road Tests & Reviews
Contact Keys Motorsport Silverstone Ltd
- Used Ferrari in Boston (3)
- Used Ferrari in Chesterfield (2)
- Used Ferrari in Coalville (3)
- Used Ferrari in Lincoln (5)
- Used Ferrari in Loughborough (29)
- Used Ferrari in Matlock (21)
- Used Ferrari in Nottingham (32)
- Used Ferrari in Oakham (9)
- Used Ferrari in Retford (5)
- Used Ferrari in Swadlincote (29)
- Used Ferrari in Towcester (4)
- Used cars in Bristol (1227)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1632)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1265)
- Used cars in Derby (1184)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1169)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1407)
- Used cars in Leeds (2046)
- Used cars in Leicester (1339)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1245)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1743)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1167)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9667)
- Used cars in East of England (11349)
- Used cars in London (3894)
- Used cars in North East (5150)
- Used cars in North West (10954)
- Used cars in Scotland (6626)
- Used cars in South East (13405)
- Used cars in South West (7777)
- Used cars in Wales (4868)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8445)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11860)
No recent searches