Powered by Jaguar’s XK 3.8 litre twin-cam straight six engine, the E-Type offered breath taking performance to rival both Ferrari and Aston Martin. The 3.8 litre engine was increased to 4.2 litres in October 1964. The 4.2 litre engine produced 265bhp and boasted a top speed of 150 mph and a 0-60 mph time of just under 7 secs. A 2+2 version of the coupe was introduced in 1966 with a 9” longer body and offers seating for four occupants.
The Jaguar E-Type 4.2 Series 1.5 2+2 offered here at Autostorico is finished in Opalescent Gunmetal Grey with Black leather interior. Commissioned by a client who wanted the ultimate, no expense spared, bespoke E-Type capable of touring through Europe but equally happy on his commute into London. Work started in December 2016 with our client entrusting the project to Chedeen Battick, who runs the Berkshire E-Type specialist Automo. This stunning nut and bolt restoration started with the body and chassis being media blasted and any necessary panels replaced prior to an in house bare metal re-spray with fresh chrome work fitted. Attention then passed to the running gear. This included a full engine rebuild to fast road specification including; enlarging the capacity to 4.3 litre, lightened flywheel, new electronic ignition system, new timing chains, triple 45 Webber carburettors, alloy cooling upgrade, uprated oil pump, high torque starter motor and stainless steel exhaust system. To complement the fast road specification engine, the car has been fitted with a 5 speed gearbox, upgraded Coopercraft brakes, adjustable suspension and power steering. Other notable works included; full interior re-trim including carpets and headlining, fitting a discreet DAB radio with Bluetooth connectivity, air conditioning, remote central locking and alarm system, series 1 closed headlamp upgrade with halogen lamps, full re-wire, new full exhaust system and stainless steel wire wheels.
Offered for sale with a current V5 registration document, MOT certificate valid until August 2018 with no advisories, invoices totalling in excess £115,000.00, Hardback book showing various restoration stages and a copy of The E-Type clubs November 2017 in which this car features.
This stunning car offers the purchaser an opportunity to own a unique example of a true British classic, which will certainly appreciate further over time.
Viewing strictly by appointment only.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size4,200 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 2
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Autostorico Ltd
- Used Jaguar in Abingdon (32)
- Used Jaguar in Ascot (21)
- Used Jaguar in Aylesford (33)
- Used Jaguar in Guildford (52)
- Used Jaguar in Lymington (12)
- Used Jaguar in Milton Keynes (60)
- Used Jaguar in Reading (71)
- Used Jaguar in Slough (61)
- Used Jaguar in Southampton (47)
- Used Jaguar in Thames Ditton (27)
- Used Jaguar in Tonbridge (97)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1423)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1256)
- Used cars in Derby (1411)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1247)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1213)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1650)
- Used cars in Leeds (1814)
- Used cars in Leicester (1316)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1206)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1620)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1216)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9410)
- Used cars in East of England (9920)
- Used cars in London (3251)
- Used cars in North East (5494)
- Used cars in North West (10758)
- Used cars in Scotland (7256)
- Used cars in South East (13557)
- Used cars in South West (8360)
- Used cars in Wales (5120)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9589)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (12131)
No recent searches