The original owner (a 60’s rally star) bought it to compere in the “Motoring News Rally Championship” and all the local rallies around mid wales, up until retiring it in the early seventies when, even with a 1275 howley full race engine it had by now was no longer competitive against the likes of escorts etc.
MK1 SHELL. Total professional oven spray inside and out.
All new rubber seals, doors, boot, bonnet, windows.
New laminated windscreen
New chrome fittings. Quick-release grille, works tan leather bonnet strap.
New lamps alround, H4 headlights, with stainless steel stone guards.
Camlo inner wheel arch liners, fitted under front wings.
New bullet mirrors, fitted through the window catch holes, can be easily.
New FIA six point safety devices, roll cage, with removable diagonal. Plates welded into the shell BEFORE respray. Fitted with safety devices FIA padding.
New FIA Cobra Monaco Seats
New seat belt 4 point clip in harness
New Fire Extinguisher
Chrome Fly off hand brake
grey interior black carpets
100mph cooper speedo, now showing 310 miles
all the line runs
the full tank is larger/later than a 7 gallon tank
New Rear Subframe
Mini Sport Adjustable Ride Height Cones
New Spax Gas adjustable shock absorbers
“S” Hubs new bearings
New super-mini-fin drums with competition linings
New Competition uprated cones
New HI-LO adjustable trumpets
New spax gas adjustable shock absorbers
New 1.5 degree negative camber bottom arms
New adjustable heavy duty tie-bars
Newquick-rack steering rack with new longer rod ends
New “S” hubs and bearings and swivel-pin kits
New ST competition grade rubber bushes alround
New braided brake hose
1/2 “S” discs and calipers
Two front tow-eyes
Alloy sump guard
1275 A+ block
Kent 276 Road Rally Cam
Duplex lightened timing gears
MG metro head
Twin HS 1 1/2 carbs
alson modified distributor
New facet competition electric fuel pump and regulator valve
New 2 core super cool radiator
New 13 row oil cooler with braided hoses
MG Retro rod-type , 3.44 diff
Competition diff pin, central oil pick-up pipe, professionally overhauled/rebuilt with all new steel roll caged bearings and new 2nd and 3rd synchronous hub.
New Orange diaphragm and C-AHT596 RALLY PLATE
Plus a full file of receipts and invoices to verify all of the above.
Reference #9807135 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size1,300 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 3
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Specialist Cars of Malton Ltd
- Used Mini Classic in Bridlington (1)
- Used Mini Classic in Malton (1)
- Used Mini Classic in Rotherham (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (1128)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1598)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1175)
- Used cars in Derby (1129)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1196)
- Used cars in Leeds (1723)
- Used cars in Leicester (1186)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1215)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1430)
- Used cars in Reading (1080)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1057)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8773)
- Used cars in East of England (10568)
- Used cars in London (3751)
- Used cars in North East (4294)
- Used cars in North West (10201)
- Used cars in Scotland (5686)
- Used cars in South East (13419)
- Used cars in South West (6903)
- Used cars in Wales (4605)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8297)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9864)
No recent searches