Ferrari partnered with Alcoa to produce an entirely new all aluminium space-frame chassis that was 40% stiffer than the F355 which had utilized steel. The design was 28% lighter despite a 10% increase in overall dimensions. Along with a lightweight frame the new Pininfarina body styling deviated from traditions of the previous decade's sharp angles and flip-up headlights. The new V8 Engine, utilizes a 3.6 litre capacity, flat plane crankshaft, titanium connecting rods and generates 395 hp. Despite what on paper, looked like modest gains, in reality, the power-to-weight ratio was significantly improved on over the F355, due to the combination of both reduction in weight and more power. According to Ferrari weight was reduced by 60 kg and the 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration time improved from 4.7 to 4.5 seconds. The 360 Modena press car was "ludicrously quick and sounded more like Schumacher's weekend wheels than a street car." But the other cars were different.
The 360 Spider was first unveiled at the 2000 Geneva Motor Show and was designed with a Spider variant in mind; since removing the roof of a coupe reduces the torsional rigidity, the 360 was built for strength in other areas. Ferrari designers strengthened the sills, stiffened the front of the floorpan and redesigned the windscreen frame. The rear bulkhead had to be stiffened to cut out engine noise from the cabin. The convertible's necessary dynamic rigidity is provided by additional side reinforcements and a cross brace in front of the engine. Passenger safety is ensured by a strengthened windscreen frame and roll bars.
This example has been specified with Scudieria shields, Rosso Brake calipers, Nero leather roll-over hoops, Nero rev counter, bordeaux carpets and fully electric seats. The car comes complete with a full service history carried out by both main dealers and specialists, all original books, keys and fobs.
A well maintained example which was supplied by Furlonger several years ago to its previous owner. This 360 has been fully prepared within Furlonger workshops and is ready for its new owner.
Reference #8926879 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
Contact Simon Furlonger Specialist Cars
- Used Other Makes in Abingdon (2)
- Used Other Makes in Ashford (4)
- Used Other Makes in Bordon (5)
- Used Other Makes in Chipping Norton (6)
- Used Other Makes in Dover (2)
- Used Other Makes in High Wycombe (2)
- Used Other Makes in Princes Risborough (2)
- Used Other Makes in Reading (2)
- Used Other Makes in Swanley (5)
- Used Other Makes in Weybridge (4)
- Used Other Makes in Worthing (2)
- Used cars in Bristol (1117)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1307)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1225)
- Used cars in Derby (1189)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1303)
- Used cars in Leeds (1489)
- Used cars in Leicester (1198)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1233)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1485)
- Used cars in Reading (1147)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1080)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8103)
- Used cars in East of England (10653)
- Used cars in London (3259)
- Used cars in North East (4558)
- Used cars in North West (9743)
- Used cars in Scotland (5820)
- Used cars in South East (13134)
- Used cars in South West (6725)
- Used cars in Wales (4633)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8911)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (9865)
No recent searches