Chassis no: SGE 348
Engine no: BE 524
Mileage shown: 97,876
Introduced early in 1955, the all-new Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud and Bentley S-Type were conceived as replacements for the ageing Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn and Bentley R-Type. The duo sported sleeker bodywork on a new box-section separate chassis - Rolls-Royce eschewing unitary construction for the time being - incorporating improved brakes and suspension, the latter featuring electrically controlled damping.
Enlargement to 4,887cc and the adoption of a six-port cylinder head boosted the - traditionally undisclosed - power output of the dependable inlet-over-exhaust six-cylinder engine. Automatic transmission was now standard and power-assisted steering an option. Fast (100mph-plus) relatively economical and cheaper to maintain than the successor V8-engined versions, the Silver Cloud is arguably the most user-friendly of all post-war Rolls-Royces.
SGE 348 has been part of a private collection including 2 Silver Ghosts for the past 15 years. There is a mileage book showing only a few thousand miles covered during their ownership.
On arrival to Vintage and Prestige a mechanical “going through” was agreed and thanks to these works she is now driving beautifully and ready to be driven across the globe. Works included:
Steering box overhaul
Fuel pump overhaul:
Thorough service, point, plugs etc
The exterior is finished in the original Steel Blue colour, this is one of the finest colours and highlights all of the body lines and curves. The paintwork glistens in the sunshine and is complimented by the brightwork and a fine grey coachline.
The interior is finished in the original, untouched Blue hide with blue carpet to the floors and lower doors.
A fine example of the iconic Silver Cloud, ready to go condition, in our showroom ready for viewing.
A gallery of large high-resolution pictures may be viewed on our website.
Office 01375 379719
Richard Biddulph 07967 260673
Christoff Cowens 07772188037
We accept Credit/Debit Cards.
Part Exchange welcome.
Weekend & evening viewings OK.
Viewings by appointment :
9 Globe Industrial Estate,
Grays, Essex, RM17 6ST
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #9842742 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeSaloon
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
- Used Rolls Royce in Bedford (1)
- Used Rolls Royce in Braintree (1)
- Used Rolls Royce in Chelmsford (3)
- Used Rolls Royce in Epping (1)
- Used Rolls Royce in Grays (54)
- Used Rolls Royce in Hatfield (1)
- Used Rolls Royce in Norwich (2)
- Used Rolls Royce in Romford (3)
- Used Rolls Royce in Westcliff-on-Sea (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (1441)
- Used cars in Bury (1161)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1510)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1463)
- Used cars in Derby (1270)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1129)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1285)
- Used cars in Leeds (1748)
- Used cars in Leicester (1283)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1385)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1579)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9875)
- Used cars in East of England (14352)
- Used cars in London (4951)
- Used cars in North East (4519)
- Used cars in North West (12239)
- Used cars in Scotland (6323)
- Used cars in South East (15382)
- Used cars in South West (8065)
- Used cars in Wales (4865)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7556)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11354)
No recent searches