Built on the 31 August 1973 and despatched to Hollingdrakes of Stockport on the 10th October, this eye-catching MKIII GT6
has benefitted from a nut-and-bolt restoration in the mid noughties by Neil Richmond, who also completed a full engine rebuild and respray. Neil runs a business specialising in Triumph, MG and Mini parts so he obviously knows what he’s doing and has pictures of the GT6 on his business site as an example of his work. As part of the restoration the carburettors were upgraded to SU from Strombergs to release more power from the engine. the sills were double welded. The underneath has been waxoiled and painted with Hammerite to rustproof the car. The engine had been previously ported to release some extra horses.
This GT6 was treated to an even recent respray in magenta, a colour that its British Motor Industry Heritage Trust certificate confirms is to the car’s original specification. It is also one of the very final cars ever built, believed to be number 348 from the end of the line. The car has covered very few miles since its most recent full service.
The exterior chrome is good and magenta paint looks fabulous .The steel wheels, complete with chrome centre caps, are in good condition, The underside is similarly neat and tidily undersealed
A twin-exit exhaust has been fitted which sounds absolutely sensational, and the car has been upgraded with electronic ignition.
The four-speed gearbox is fitted with an overdrive, which usefully lengthens the gearing and makes for more relaxed high-speed cruising.
The car had work carried out recently at Enginuity, Triumph specialists, who know these cars inside out. The examined the car have given it a clean bill of health as confirmed by the most recent invoice.
This GT6 comes with around 140 old invoices and bills, as well as old MOT certificates A British Motor heritage Certificate and photos of the restoration are also included in the history. I have a charming email from the second owner who owned it in the 70's who informs me the car has aged better than him.
Please contact me for detailed photos of the car and history.
Reference #9517702 | Private
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- Size2,000 cc
- Top speed-
- Driven Wheels-
- Body typeCoupe
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
Phone the seller07501251638
Or send a message
Private Seller, LONDON, United Kingdom
- Used Triumph in Kentish Town (1)
- Used Triumph in Mortlake (3)
- Used Triumph in Teddington (1)
- Used Triumph in Wandsworth (1)
- Used cars in Bedford (1089)
- Used cars in Bristol (1393)
- Used cars in Bury (1021)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1393)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1360)
- Used cars in Derby (1036)
- Used cars in Leeds (1353)
- Used cars in Leicester (1264)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1509)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1392)
- Used cars in Sheffield (987)
- Used cars in East Midlands (8958)
- Used cars in East of England (14011)
- Used cars in London (4712)
- Used cars in North East (3720)
- Used cars in North West (12002)
- Used cars in Scotland (5413)
- Used cars in South East (15373)
- Used cars in South West (7685)
- Used cars in Wales (4476)
- Used cars in West Midlands (7629)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (10523)
No recent searches