Unfortunately nothing is known of its early history in the USA and the car remained in California until being purchased by the Northern TR Centre in Cleveland from its then owner in Sacramento, California and was imported to England in October 1989.
The car was sold by them to a Mr H G Powell of Bolton, Lancashire on 4th November 1989 and he subsequently embarked on a complete documented 'Body-Off' Chassis rebuild including RHD conversion which was finally completed in June 1995. The car was subsequently registered with the DVLA and given the period number plate GFO 921.
There is a huge file containing every single invoice for all the new parts purchased and works carried out during this restoration including a handwritten log of each invoice with the dates and amounts spent and which in total come to just over £18,600.
After 14 years of ownership, Mr Powell sold the car through TR Bitz to the second UK owner in 2003 and after 2 years it was purchased by the current owner again from TR Bitz in November 2005.
During his ownership he has spent an additional £15,000 having a number of upgrades fitted including front Disc Brake conversion, Rack & pinion steering upgrade with EZ 'Electric' Steering, uprated Cooling System and Aluminium Radiator, front Anti-Roll Bar and a full bare metal repaint by specialist classic car body refinishers Automo (UK) Ltd in Taplow, Buckinghamshire in June 2015.
It is finished in unmarked Old English White with Black trim and carpets, full Black weather equipment including side screens, rebuilt 1991cc Engine, 4 Speed Manual Gearbox with Overdrive and 15" Wire Wheels with new Continental Tyres and lots more.
This car really is an exceptional example and it comes with a very good history file including the Heritage Certificate, original build log and invoices, a copy of its California Title Certificate, photographs, all recent invoices and all MOT Certificates from its first one in 1995 through to 2016 and it is worth noting that from 2007 right through to its last MOT in 2015, it passed every single year with 'no advisories' whatsoever! It has been declared as MOT exempt by the owner, which it is now officially, hence this was the last one required.
Since the rebuild, the car has only covered 6,541 miles and it really is in exceptional condition and is beautiful to drive and particularly as it now has Rack & Pinion Steering with the EZ Electric conversion.
Upon sale, the car will come with our own Customer Care Package including a new MOT (although registered as exempt) and pre-sales checkover/service and a 6 Month Mechanical Warranty which can be upgraded and extended at additional cost. It has been checked on HPi and is clear on all registers and a copy is contained in the history file.
A perfect car for touring.
Car on display @ our showrooms in Mortlake.
View this vehicle on our website
Reference #9697950 | Trade
Report Ad Current Fraud warnings
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size2,000 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power95 bhp
- Torque70 lbs/ft
- Top speed-
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Economy0 mpg
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners 2
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Contact Classic Chrome Ltd
- Used Triumph in Kentish Town (1)
- Used Triumph in Mortlake (2)
- Used Triumph in Teddington (1)
- Used Triumph in Twickenham (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (1213)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1638)
- Used cars in Chelmsford (1250)
- Used cars in Derby (1213)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1163)
- Used cars in Glasgow (1401)
- Used cars in Leeds (1977)
- Used cars in Leicester (1351)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1206)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1764)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1176)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9674)
- Used cars in East of England (11505)
- Used cars in London (3945)
- Used cars in North East (5121)
- Used cars in North West (10885)
- Used cars in Scotland (6626)
- Used cars in South East (13569)
- Used cars in South West (7753)
- Used cars in Wales (4853)
- Used cars in West Midlands (8507)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (11204)
No recent searches