The car was first registered on the 9/2/98 and I have all the documentation, bills, MOT and service information since as well as the complete original Owners Handbook issued with the car.
I have owned the car for the last 7 years and it has only been used in the dry on the occasional sunny weekend or evening, hence the low mileage of 46818. MOT until mid June.
The V8 sounds amazing and with its large boot, removable carbon fibre roof panel (black) and the 4.5ltr engine it is the perfect combination of convertible, GT & also it is lots of fun to drive !
All electrics work bar the cigarette lighter (and maybe electric mirrors I would have to check..), and there are a couple of cracks in the walnut dash which is pretty standard for the age of the car.
Private number plate is included in the sale. A really original non modified car that will continue to appreciate in value if looked after.
- LayoutFront Engined
- Size4,500 cc
- AspirationNormally Aspirated
- Power285 bhp
- Top speed160 mph
- Acceleration0 to 62 in 4.7 secs
- Driven WheelsRear Wheel Drive
- Body typeConvertible
- Vehicle height-
- Vehicle width-
Previous Owners -
PistonHeads members who have owned this car or the same model
Have had it for 5 years, bought against my better judgement. Has turned out to be the best decision I've made. Love it! Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Lusted for a V8 open top sports car, with REAL performance since I was a kid,and its as good as i always wanted it to be!
Had it 10 years and i still get a thrill, esp on a greasy road Read the full summary
My first TVR!
A stunning TVR Chimaera 400 in Porsche Iris Blue. The car had done around 57,000 miles when I bought it and was in excellent condition. The bodywork is near perfect, outriggers have been replaced and the engine runs well.
My girlfriend and I have been really... Read the full summary
|Based on 25,000 miles||Total||Per Year|
|Fuel (18.00 mpg @ 135.00 p/litre)||£3,069||£1,364|
|Servicing / Repairs||£1,273||£566|
|Total Running Costs||£3,846||£1,709|
Well just coming up on 3 years of ownership & I'm still well chuffed. Running costs? Well, if you discount Fuel,tax & ins it's Nil, Nowt,not a thing! That said, I put on new springs and dampers plus grooved discs & EBC green stuff pads which made a huge difference, but these were things I wanted to... Read the full summaryView members blog entries about this car
Road Tests & Reviews
Time to sell your car?
Wanting to sell your car? PistonHeads can help you get the best price and that quick sale. Try one of our selling tools today.
- 84,980 miles
- 28,844 miles
- 138 bhp
- 26,050 miles
- 266 bhp
- 116,000 miles
- 300 bhp
- Used TVR in Derby (1)
- Used TVR in Leicester (7)
- Used TVR in Loughborough (7)
- Used TVR in Market Rasen (1)
- Used TVR in Nottingham (1)
- Used TVR in Sutton-in-Ashfield (1)
- Used cars in Bristol (2365)
- Used cars in Derby (1604)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2272)
- Used cars in Glasgow (5527)
- Used cars in Leeds (2532)
- Used cars in Milton Keynes (1616)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1849)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1627)
- Used cars in Peterborough (1610)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1816)
- Used cars in York (1606)
- Used cars in East Midlands (12724)
- Used cars in East of England (15245)
- Used cars in London (5190)
- Used cars in North East (7371)
- Used cars in North West (18533)
- Used cars in Scotland (21545)
- Used cars in South East (22093)
- Used cars in South West (10645)
- Used cars in Wales (4651)
- Used cars in West Midlands (10887)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (17209)
No recent searches