I feel my 10D just doesn't cut anymore
Discussion
After upgrading my lenses over the past year I really feel frustrated with the body now
I'm hesitant to go for a 1D MkIIn, as reading numerous Canon forums I feel they may well be upgrading in March. Plus 8mp seems a bit skimpy nowdays, with the 5D pushing out 12mp.
The 5D doesn't have the weatherproofing or rate of fire the 1DMKIIn has.
So what do you think?
Wait and continue with my 10D until they replace the MkIIn ?
I'm hesitant to go for a 1D MkIIn, as reading numerous Canon forums I feel they may well be upgrading in March. Plus 8mp seems a bit skimpy nowdays, with the 5D pushing out 12mp.
The 5D doesn't have the weatherproofing or rate of fire the 1DMKIIn has.
So what do you think?
Wait and continue with my 10D until they replace the MkIIn ?
One option would be to but a 5D for now and then get a 1Dxxxx when the future product line is clearer and retain the 5D as a second body with its own special attributes and instant second lens availability.
The Canon outlet on eBay has warranted 'refurbs' aplenty for 5Ds.
5D bodies seem to go for circa £1300
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet-Di
and the occasional 1DMkII N which, body only, seem to fetch around £1750 to £1850.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet-Di
So maybe a low cost buy now and an upgrade with trade in when the replacement has arrived and had its first firmware update?
The Canon outlet on eBay has warranted 'refurbs' aplenty for 5Ds.
5D bodies seem to go for circa £1300
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet-Di
and the occasional 1DMkII N which, body only, seem to fetch around £1750 to £1850.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Canon-Outlet-Di
So maybe a low cost buy now and an upgrade with trade in when the replacement has arrived and had its first firmware update?
Gassing Station | Photography & Video | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff




