Job offer - contract scanned and sent via email
Discussion
All - I've been offered a new job in a different company, and to try and speed up the process have received the contract scanned and sent via email. The contract is already signed by the new company.
Is this worth the bytes it was sent in, or should I wait for the couriered version tomorrow before resigning?
There is some urgency in this as the new company would need me in the States mid-January...
Is this worth the bytes it was sent in, or should I wait for the couriered version tomorrow before resigning?
There is some urgency in this as the new company would need me in the States mid-January...
okgo said:
New job is in the states is it?
I read on here never accept a counter offer, and the reasons why stuck with me, I think its sound advice.
Nah - it's a yank company with a kick off in Florida in January (shucks).I read on here never accept a counter offer, and the reasons why stuck with me, I think its sound advice.
I wouldn't normally accept a counter offer, but in the current economic climate, it would give me more protection (length of service, only person in UK with the experience needed)
Puggit said:
okgo said:
New job is in the states is it?
I read on here never accept a counter offer, and the reasons why stuck with me, I think its sound advice.
Nah - it's a yank company with a kick off in Florida in January (shucks).I read on here never accept a counter offer, and the reasons why stuck with me, I think its sound advice.
I wouldn't normally accept a counter offer, but in the current economic climate, it would give me more protection (length of service, only person in UK with the experience needed)
Also, and this happend to a friend of mine. He accepted a counter offer and found that the company was only creating time to replace him. He left 3 months after and didn't get the job he actually wanted.
Well done on new job BTW.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
In my very limited experience, if a member of staff gives notice, I'd normally let them leave.
It's never quite the same if you feel pressured to counter offer and it also means that the employee isn't really happy with the company.
I try to pay the best rates to my staff that I can anyway.
In my very limited experience, if a member of staff gives notice, I'd normally let them leave.
It's never quite the same if you feel pressured to counter offer and it also means that the employee isn't really happy with the company.
I try to pay the best rates to my staff that I can anyway.
Puggit said:
okgo said:
New job is in the states is it?
I read on here never accept a counter offer, and the reasons why stuck with me, I think its sound advice.
Nah - it's a yank company with a kick off in Florida in January (shucks).I read on here never accept a counter offer, and the reasons why stuck with me, I think its sound advice.
I wouldn't normally accept a counter offer, but in the current economic climate, it would give me more protection (length of service, only person in UK with the experience needed)
Gassing Station | The Pie & Piston Archive | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff





