Credit card chargebacks
Credit card chargebacks
Author
Discussion

carreauchompeur

Original Poster:

18,328 posts

234 months

Monday 24th February 2014
quotequote all
Folks,

I've asked this a couple of times with minimal replies, but to frame it a simpler way (I waffle!)

I buy an item on 13th Feb from German eBay, in Euros, for £600. Reputable (I think) German company. Subsequently they email me and indicate that delivery date will be around the 31st March. Haven't found out why yet, stock shortages maybe.

If I wait for this delivery it'll put me outside the Paypal 45 day dispute window. If it then doesn't turn up, what are my chances of a successful chargeback via CC company?

It's financially advantageous for me to wait since I cocked up the transaction and used the card normally linked to my Paypal account rather than my Euro card, therefore there are extortionate exchange fees which I'll end up paying twice for a refund...item cannot be bought in this country for anything near the German price.

Ta!

Sam

carreauchompeur

Original Poster:

18,328 posts

234 months

Tuesday 25th February 2014
quotequote all
Anyone?

yorkieboy

1,848 posts

205 months

Tuesday 25th February 2014
quotequote all
I would of thought a full refund on your cc? You have paid but not received your goods. It be worthwhile to email cc company. Time for sales of goods act springs to mind biggrin good luck!

carreauchompeur

Original Poster:

18,328 posts

234 months

Tuesday 25th February 2014
quotequote all

I'm planning to wait for them to turn up as if it's a factory supply issue nobody else will supply them sooner.

This http://www.ukecc-services.net/Payingwithacreditcar... seems to suggest that even if I'm outside the Paypal 45 day dispute window I should be fine.

jshell

12,106 posts

235 months

Tuesday 25th February 2014
quotequote all
carreauchompeur said:
Folks,



It's financially advantageous for me to wait since I cocked up the transaction and used the card normally linked to my Paypal account rather than my Euro card, therefore there are extortionate exchange fees which I'll end up paying twice for a refund...item cannot be bought in this country for anything near the German price.

Ta!

Sam
Is that accurate? RBS Mastercard charge me a % on non-sterling transaction, but recently when I've been refunded, they've refunded the % fees back too.

carreauchompeur

Original Poster:

18,328 posts

234 months

Tuesday 25th February 2014
quotequote all
jshell said:
Is that accurate? RBS Mastercard charge me a % on non-sterling transaction, but recently when I've been refunded, they've refunded the % fees back too.
That's very interesting. I'm not sure because Paypal adds a layer of complexity but I'll look into it. If I can get the parts elsewhere and receive a FULL refund then I'd rather that than waiting until the end of March for delivery.

jshell

12,106 posts

235 months

Tuesday 25th February 2014
quotequote all
carreauchompeur said:
jshell said:
Is that accurate? RBS Mastercard charge me a % on non-sterling transaction, but recently when I've been refunded, they've refunded the % fees back too.
That's very interesting. I'm not sure because Paypal adds a layer of complexity but I'll look into it. If I can get the parts elsewhere and receive a FULL refund then I'd rather that than waiting until the end of March for delivery.
Yeah, the PP factor may count against you, but you could call your card Co. I was surprised at the refund as it was 00's of pounds of charges on lots of flights.