Selling shares advice.
Discussion
I have some shares in KCOM who are currently in the process of selling and going privatised.
The company buying them have made an offer of 97p per share.
My question is, do I have to sell? Or can I hold out for a better offer?
I don't have that many shares and the offer is 34% above what they were worth.
Thanks.
The company buying them have made an offer of 97p per share.
My question is, do I have to sell? Or can I hold out for a better offer?
I don't have that many shares and the offer is 34% above what they were worth.
Thanks.
TheAngryDog said:
My question is, do I have to sell? Or can I hold out for a better offer?
Once the buyer has formal acceptances for 95% of the shares they can force the remaining shareholders to sell at the same price. There's really no point doing anything except "accepting the offer now" - unless you think it's a lousy offer and that lots of other people will agree with you... rockin said:
TheAngryDog said:
My question is, do I have to sell? Or can I hold out for a better offer?
Once the buyer has formal acceptances for 95% of the shares they can force the remaining shareholders to sell at the same price. There's really no point doing anything except "accepting the offer now" - unless you think it's a lousy offer and that lots of other people will agree with you... The value of the shares are about half the price I paid for them originally.
Gassing Station | Finance | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


