Insurance bod....HELP!!!!
Discussion
Okay looks like the merde is going to hit the fan, have just received an email from a certain insurer that covers my cars stating that they have been unable to take the DD for my Car insurance and as this is the second time this has happened they now require complete payment of the remaining instalments or they will be cancelling the policy.
Now if they have been unable to collect the DD (perfectly possible as my card was skimmed and large sums have gone missing from my account - although bank are investigating there may be a delay in getting this cash back) I have no way of paying the full balance off in one hit, to say I'm screwed is an understatement. Is it worth me calling them and suggesting that as I'm due renewal in 2 months anyway that I renew with them and if possible spread the remaining over what would be the new policy year? Or should I just hunt like mad to try and get new quotes on the cars to start new policies.
Any and all advice is welcome guys.
Now if they have been unable to collect the DD (perfectly possible as my card was skimmed and large sums have gone missing from my account - although bank are investigating there may be a delay in getting this cash back) I have no way of paying the full balance off in one hit, to say I'm screwed is an understatement. Is it worth me calling them and suggesting that as I'm due renewal in 2 months anyway that I renew with them and if possible spread the remaining over what would be the new policy year? Or should I just hunt like mad to try and get new quotes on the cars to start new policies.
Any and all advice is welcome guys.
saaby93 said:
You need to keep it going with them otherwise all sorts things appear on your record. Cant you talk to the credit card or arrange to send cheques?
Have no credit card (got in to huge problems with one when I was a teen and now refuse to have one to avoid the possible temptation) and don't have a cheque book so thats a no. Clearly calling them is the obvious first choice to go down and just trying to work out a plan of attack, I tend not to get worried about things but in this instance the phrase "bricking it" springs to mind.You want to find the cash....not only will they cancel the policy, but I'd imagine they may well send debt collectors round. Remember that you aren't paying your insurance monthly, its still an annual policy and are taking a line of credit to pay it off. Get it paid or you may find your ability to take credit in the future is severely diminished. Oh, and ALL insurers ask "have you ever had insurance cancelled" - from now on you would have to say "YES" which will increase your premium significantly.
Don't call unless you can immediately bring the payments up to date....you have a good story about the fraud, but they will still want at least the money which is currently due.
Don't call unless you can immediately bring the payments up to date....you have a good story about the fraud, but they will still want at least the money which is currently due.
farrendahl said:
Have no credit card (got in to huge problems with one when I was a teen and now refuse to have one to avoid the possible temptation) and don't have a cheque book so thats a no. Clearly calling them is the obvious first choice to go down and just trying to work out a plan of attack, I tend not to get worried about things but in this instance the phrase "bricking it" springs to mind.
What about the bank?Or set up a new bank account or Post office?
Otherwise you may need to cancel the insurance therell be a cancellation fee but at least you'll have cancelled rather than them, but it can still get recorded wrong
Can someone else send a cheque for you?
Okay so have called the insurer, basically it's a pay the remaining or the policy will be cancelled. I have no way to pay the remaining, and nobody else who can assist on topping up what little cash I have got available to make up the remainder so thats not going to happen.
Is it worth me getting alt quotes from other companies and cancelling the policy before my insurer does? I'm thinking damage limitation here. Just when I think I've got over one stumbling block something else crops up to kick me in the gonads
Is it worth me getting alt quotes from other companies and cancelling the policy before my insurer does? I'm thinking damage limitation here. Just when I think I've got over one stumbling block something else crops up to kick me in the gonads
farrendahl said:
If some scum bag hadn't cloned my card and wiped out my bank account, quite comfortably yes. I am the first to admit that in the past I did have issues but had turned that corner, until this incident anyway
Surely the bank can help you with an overdraft or loan until the fraud investigation has been completed ? P_J_R said:
0-100-0 said:
Not trying to be clever here, but why don't you sell one of your 6 cars to a dealer this afternoon for cash and pay the outstanding 2 months of your insurance with that?
^^^^ this would seem to be the sensible option I would have thought.Gassing Station | General Gassing | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


