Certified preowned dealer has delayed delivery of car
Discussion
Hi guys,
Wondering if you could advise on how I should best proceed with this.
I bought a polestar 2 off polestars certified preowned. Car was listed with delivery time of 1 week and shortly after placing the order I got a call from the dealer saying that the car was in prep and they noticed a fault with the ECU and have ordered a replacement. Still no confirmed date for delivery of the part and until it’s in they can’t deliver the car.
Issue I have is that I have a lease ending and took a bank loan out to pay for the polestar. Plan was to send the lease back early and pay a small fee and get the polestar. Issue is the dealer is hinting that this could take a few months to resolve and I will be left paying for the lease and now the loan.
So my question is that given this was a certified preowned should they not have done the checks to the car before listing it for sale? And would it be worthwhile asking them to pay my loan monthlies while they have the car and waiting for the part?
Never had something like this happen before and just looking for any advice on how best to proceed
Thanks for any advice
Wondering if you could advise on how I should best proceed with this.
I bought a polestar 2 off polestars certified preowned. Car was listed with delivery time of 1 week and shortly after placing the order I got a call from the dealer saying that the car was in prep and they noticed a fault with the ECU and have ordered a replacement. Still no confirmed date for delivery of the part and until it’s in they can’t deliver the car.
Issue I have is that I have a lease ending and took a bank loan out to pay for the polestar. Plan was to send the lease back early and pay a small fee and get the polestar. Issue is the dealer is hinting that this could take a few months to resolve and I will be left paying for the lease and now the loan.
So my question is that given this was a certified preowned should they not have done the checks to the car before listing it for sale? And would it be worthwhile asking them to pay my loan monthlies while they have the car and waiting for the part?
Never had something like this happen before and just looking for any advice on how best to proceed
Thanks for any advice
Thanks for that. Hadn’t even thought about asking for a courtesy car but that would help as I could still send my lease back and not be without a car while this gets fixed.
Thanks a lot for the advice.
Coming from a BMWs and VWs and yeah a bit disappointed with the service so far. Hopefully they can still make good
Thanks a lot for the advice.
Coming from a BMWs and VWs and yeah a bit disappointed with the service so far. Hopefully they can still make good
Gassing Station | General Gassing | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


