997 GT3 Launch cars delayed
Discussion
This one is going to run and run until one of us actually gets a build date isn't it - I mean an actual day, not just a month. Both my dealer and Porsche contact have said that original delay was eight weeks but this is now down to four or five and falling. Mine is first one at my OPC and he is confident of mid/early Sept. build. This also ties in with what I was told at Thruxton.
pugsey said:
This one is going to run and run until one of us actually gets a build date isn't it - I mean an actual day, not just a month. Both my dealer and Porsche contact have said that original delay was eight weeks but this is now down to four or five and falling. Mine is first one at my OPC and he is confident of mid/early Sept. build. This also ties in with what I was told at Thruxton.
I was told exactly the same last week, and I have a meeting with my OPC this Wednesday to finalise the spec. It seems possible that the build of UK cars may prioritise those who get their full spec in sooner.
Have launch car and was told it will be october november months back, not too bothered not gonna do much hard driving in a gt3 till summer so delay away porsche! GT3 rs is gonna be fast on its heels anyway so gt3 possibly not a wise choice. Lime GT3rs, gonna be very understated! Cant wait
Sarbs said:
Have launch car and was told it will be october november months back, not too bothered not gonna do much hard driving in a gt3 till summer so delay away porsche! GT3 rs is gonna be fast on its heels anyway so gt3 possibly not a wise choice. Lime GT3rs, gonna be very understated! Cant wait
Why do you prefer the RS over standard GT3?
Geneve said:
I was told exactly the same last week, and I have a meeting with my OPC this Wednesday to finalise the spec. It seems possible that the build of UK cars may prioritise those who get their full spec in sooner.
Has anyone got their 997 GT3 build dates yet from their OPC ? It seems to be dragging on and is it normal for build dates not to be firmed up by Porsche this long for other 997s. Its my first new porker so it all new for me this delay etc.
Edited by 343bhp on Friday 16th June 04:05
343bhp said:
Geneve said:
I was told exactly the same last week, and I have a meeting with my OPC this Wednesday to finalise the spec. It seems possible that the build of UK cars may prioritise those who get their full spec in sooner.
Has anyone got their 997 GT3 build dates yet from their OPC ? It seems to be dragging on and is it normal for build dates not to be firmed up by Porsche this long for other 997s. Its my first new porker so it all new for me this delay etc.
Edited by 343bhp on Friday 16th June 04:05
Things dragging out this much is not normal. There is clearly a delay, but the dealers don't know why or for how long. I put my deposit in April and I still don't have a confirmed build date. Based on normal timings I would have known the date more than a month ago. For me the delay is an issue. Can't drive it properly after November 'cause of snow...
gunner said:
maybe not but they are earning the intereast on all those 10k deposits for even longer now having previously said UK deliveries would start in september...
I agree plus I'm having a house built and if there's a delay because some bricks don't turn up in time my contract clobbers my builder - I don't start chasing London Brick or whoever. It's up to Porsche to sort their suppliers out and adhere to the delivery dates originally quoted when deposits were taken.yep,totally.I am a real Porsche fanatic,but I am getting increasingly sick of the way they treat their customers in the UK at least.They demand a 10k deposit without a build date,then there is a delay and they hold onto the cash regardless.Does any other manufacturer treat its customers this way?It seems preposterous.Obviously nobody is putting a gun to any prospective buyers' heads but it just seems like really shoddy,complacent behaviour.I know the product is normally very good but surely that doesn't excuse this arrogance.
I feel the same...a huge info gap but demand is inelastic so they need not fear of loss of goodwill on the 10k deposits etc. As I am sports car-less at the mo' what do people think of idea of getting a transitional C2S and then ask OPC to take it in when the GT3 arrives (and minimize cost of change) ? What are my chances (allowing for this unplanned delay possibility ?)
TIA.
TIA.
343bhp said:
what do people think of idea of getting a transitional C2S and then ask OPC to take it in when the GT3 arrives (and minimize cost of change) ? What are my chances (allowing for this unplanned delay possibility ?)
TIA.
TIA.
NO CHANCE!!!!
I did think the very same thing, but after an impressive extended test drive came to the conclusion that it may unsettle GT3 ownership, either by being too samey (interior etc) or by getting you used to softer ride, better stereo etc instead.
Edited by grant3 on Friday 16th June 22:49
Gassing Station | Porsche General | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff



