Values (Not Doom mongering - Opinions wanted)
Values (Not Doom mongering - Opinions wanted)
Author
Discussion

jbk

Original Poster:

92 posts

219 months

Wednesday 29th October 2008
quotequote all
Got two cars to sell, don't have to sell, just wanting to sell rather than have them sit around for a year (bought a yacht and going sailing for a year or two!). An 06 Gallardo and a Factory Works mini 05 plate.

They will clock up few miles between now and next spring/summer and i'll either sell them now or wait til next spring. Any opinions on whether on a pure value front i'd be better waiting til spring 09?

Thanks in advance

ThatPhilBrettGuy

11,810 posts

270 months

Wednesday 29th October 2008
quotequote all
Difficult one. If we're on a steeper slope that normal the prices just won't recover enough to make it worth waiting for the spring boost.

My gut says sell now. If punters have been holding off new cars there may be a glut of new ones appearing, just forcing the prices even lower.

diablo_pete

3,595 posts

225 months

Wednesday 29th October 2008
quotequote all
I don't think that the price will ever increase due to the mass production of the Gallardo.
Bearing in mind that it's better to bank the cash now, gaining interest, and less service bills etc/faults to worry about, I reckon sooner rather than later.

Pete

bromers2

1,867 posts

280 months

Wednesday 29th October 2008
quotequote all
Whatever happens I very much doubt they'll go up in value. Just how far they are going to fall.

Steve_M

598 posts

265 months

Thursday 30th October 2008
quotequote all
I was in the same situation, had a Gallardo and am looking to move back to the UK next September and was in turmoil as to whether I should sell now or wait.
I decided sooner rather that later made more financial sense. The hit was greater obviously because of the shorter ownership time, but adding up all the running costs and current depreciation curve compared to next summmer's unpredictable price boost I decided it was better to sell early.