We'll MOT and service it.....
Discussion
I've been talking to a dealer, am tempted to go and see something they've got for sale and I'm likely to buy if it's as described. They're not the other side of the country, but far enough for it to be a pain to do it twice.
I don't want to make 2 trips so I'll either go there and buy it and want to take it away, or it'll be a POS and I won't.
Should I ask them to service and MOT it, since they're saying they'll do it anyway, or should I go, see it if it's OK and expect the MOT/service plus some, to come off the price before negotiation starts?
I don't want to make 2 trips so I'll either go there and buy it and want to take it away, or it'll be a POS and I won't.
Should I ask them to service and MOT it, since they're saying they'll do it anyway, or should I go, see it if it's OK and expect the MOT/service plus some, to come off the price before negotiation starts?
Will they deliver it if you decide to buy it? Saves making a second trip while they service/mot it but you won’t have it the same day, I understand that frustration!
I know a couple of the local bike shops to me are delivering for free at the moment.
Or if you decide to buy it, I’d try and push them to MOT and service it while you wait. Realistically it’s only an hour or so work.
I know a couple of the local bike shops to me are delivering for free at the moment.
Or if you decide to buy it, I’d try and push them to MOT and service it while you wait. Realistically it’s only an hour or so work.
Just be honest with them before you go and see the bike. Tell them you are seriously interested and if the bike is as described and pictured then you will want to ride it away that same day with fresh mot and service. Maybe leave them a deposit over the phone to show you're serious.
That should give them time to service and mot it. If it's something they cant do straight away they will be able to advise you of a date when it will be done so that you can make your travel arrangements to suit.
That should give them time to service and mot it. If it's something they cant do straight away they will be able to advise you of a date when it will be done so that you can make your travel arrangements to suit.
Generally they won't want to spend any money on it until they have a sale agreed in case they later have to trade it.
Even if it's in house they may not be able to MOT immediately either ATM
I went to buy a used bike in my van hoping they'd just give a discount and let me take it away but they insisted they wouldn't let it out the door until they'd "serviced / PDI" it - had to go back a couple of days later.
It was a great bike at a great price though.
You can but ask.
Even if it's in house they may not be able to MOT immediately either ATM
I went to buy a used bike in my van hoping they'd just give a discount and let me take it away but they insisted they wouldn't let it out the door until they'd "serviced / PDI" it - had to go back a couple of days later.
It was a great bike at a great price though.
You can but ask.
Gassing Station | Biker Banter | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff


