Refund Rights?
Discussion
Hello there
I have booked a venue for 30 drivers at Daytona Go Karting on 30th april and they have cancelled the event, and they have said they wont refund £3900. (£130.00 x 30 drivers for DMax engine) They have said they will hold it until the Coronavirus have gone away and rebook. Most of our drivers wants their money back because they dont want to rebook again becaue they dont know when it can rebooked.
What are our rights? We paid £3900 via bank tranasfers.
Help?
Thanks
I have booked a venue for 30 drivers at Daytona Go Karting on 30th april and they have cancelled the event, and they have said they wont refund £3900. (£130.00 x 30 drivers for DMax engine) They have said they will hold it until the Coronavirus have gone away and rebook. Most of our drivers wants their money back because they dont want to rebook again becaue they dont know when it can rebooked.
What are our rights? We paid £3900 via bank tranasfers.
Help?
Thanks
They have emailed me :-
Just received from go kart company last week
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Track Closure
Last updated: 22:00 20/03/2020
The safety of our crew and customers has always been our priority, and following the Government’s announcement earlier this evening (20th March 2020) we have decided to close all tracks tonight.
If you have a booking with us over the coming weeks, please be assured that our team will be in touch as soon as we can, and we appreciate your patience.
We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of our customers and crew members for their ongoing support and positivity during this very challenging period for everyone.
We will post further updates here regarding when we will reopen as soon as we have news.
Just received from go kart company last week
Coronavirus - COVID-19
Track Closure
Last updated: 22:00 20/03/2020
The safety of our crew and customers has always been our priority, and following the Government’s announcement earlier this evening (20th March 2020) we have decided to close all tracks tonight.
If you have a booking with us over the coming weeks, please be assured that our team will be in touch as soon as we can, and we appreciate your patience.
We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all of our customers and crew members for their ongoing support and positivity during this very challenging period for everyone.
We will post further updates here regarding when we will reopen as soon as we have news.
Gibson70 said:
Those have been re-written.Do you have a hard copy of those that were in place at the time of booking (assuming you didn't book that recently)
Nope.
Do you have a hard copy of those that were in place at the time of booking (assuming you didn't book that recently)
2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
Gibson70 said:
Those have been re-written.Do you have a hard copy of those that were in place at the time of booking (assuming you didn't book that recently)
I'll bet this clause was in the original:
If an event is cancelled due to reasons outside Daytona’s control FULL RACE FEES will be payable. Whilst Daytona cannot be held responsible for such cancellations, we will endeavour to re-arrange the event on a mutually convenient date where possible.
Have you tried talking (rather than say email)?
If an event is cancelled due to reasons outside Daytona’s control FULL RACE FEES will be payable. Whilst Daytona cannot be held responsible for such cancellations, we will endeavour to re-arrange the event on a mutually convenient date where possible.
Have you tried talking (rather than say email)?
You can guarantee if there was something in those terms that allowed a refund before they have been updated now to remove it .
All business are going to be hanging onto cash , yours will go to keeping the place ticking over , worst case is no refund and the business goes under before you can re-book.
Well worst case is obviously much worse than that with all the s
t that’s going down right now .
I’d say at this stage possession is 10/10ths of the law right now and they have your money
All business are going to be hanging onto cash , yours will go to keeping the place ticking over , worst case is no refund and the business goes under before you can re-book.
Well worst case is obviously much worse than that with all the s
t that’s going down right now .I’d say at this stage possession is 10/10ths of the law right now and they have your money
randlemarcus said:
T&C from 2016: "In the event that an event is cancelled due to reasons outside Daytona’s control FULL RACE FEES will be payable."
I think you may be slightly buggered.
Doesn't make it right, and under the Unfair terms in Consumer Contract Regulations 1999 would be most likely unfair, but consumer rights would trump it anyway.I think you may be slightly buggered.
Edited by Thesprucegoose on Sunday 22 March 21:39
Find a date that works and reschedule and hope they can stay in business. The rule book has been thrown out the window at the moment for many businesses.
It's not "right", but what else can they do (I am assuming they are not sitting on massive reserves to cope with zero income for x months).
It's not "right", but what else can they do (I am assuming they are not sitting on massive reserves to cope with zero income for x months).
alfabeat said:
Find a date that works and reschedule and hope they can stay in business. The rule book has been thrown out the window at the moment for many businesses.
It's not "right", but what else can they do (I am assuming they are not sitting on massive reserves to cope with zero income for x months).
Or talk to them! People often hide behind emails etc, but do a better deal either face to face or on the phone.It's not "right", but what else can they do (I am assuming they are not sitting on massive reserves to cope with zero income for x months).
If they stick to their guns, maybe there's a half way house?
Canute said:
It's a contract they are not honouring, they can't hold onto the money I don't think, a judge in a court would not see their actions as reasonable.
The difference is that they can't honour the contract due to circumstances beyond their control - ie it's not their fault and there is no way to honour it. 'Force majeure' - it might be in the T&Cs.2 sMoKiN bArReLs said:
If they stick to their guns, maybe there's a half way house?
That is probably the re-booking offer already made. Other options are be nice and talk, or be nasty and sue, then you'll find out what the judge thinks.Simpo Two said:
The difference is that they can't honour the contract due to circumstances beyond their control - ie it's not their fault and there is no way to honour it. 'Force majeure' - it might be in the T&Cs.
If force majeure is in the T&Cs then they would have to return the deposits. The supplier spending the money and not having any left in the bank is not force majeure.
Gassing Station | Business | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff



