What to do? Utterly depressing dilemma....
Discussion
PH Massive.....
On Tuesday of this week, I took my Hilux to an Authorised Mitsubishi dealer and decided on part exchanging my Hilux for a brand new Evo X fq300 sst gsr.
Anyway, to cut a boring story short, we settled on a figure for my Hilux and struck a deal. The Evo X was in stock and was due to be collected today. My finance company has transferred funds and they have cleared into the dealership.
Then.....the salesman calls me at 2pm today to say that a technician has found an oil leak on the rear differential during the pre delivery inspection and that it's a fault from the factory and needs replacing in it's entirety.
They have asked what I want to do as the car will be 2 weeks until a new diff is fitted. I have already cancelled the direct debit at my bank for the old finance agreement on the Hilux and I have insured the new Evo etc...
Now the finance is obviously on the Evo as a new agreement and solely on that specific car, vin/index number etc..
I believe I can get the dealer to refund the finance company and I can re-instate my old direct debit on the Hilux without any issues.
I have since asked another Mitsubishi dealer regarding the time taken to replace a rear diff and parts availability. They said next day delivery and 2 hours fitting - so I'm more than confused and fackin frustrated at the minute. I'll drive to the dealer at 5pm this evening and see what the crack is.
Do I reject the car that I never took delivery of or wait until a new diff is fitted and then collect? Should they give me another similar car for the two weeks?
Sheeeesh, I was looking forward to a bit of performance this evening, driving a shiny new car away from the dealer and then this utter bo11ox occurs...

Thoughts? (And if you think this thread is a: 'worst - I've got a new Evo X ever' then bugger off, cos I have not got it yet!
)
On Tuesday of this week, I took my Hilux to an Authorised Mitsubishi dealer and decided on part exchanging my Hilux for a brand new Evo X fq300 sst gsr.
Anyway, to cut a boring story short, we settled on a figure for my Hilux and struck a deal. The Evo X was in stock and was due to be collected today. My finance company has transferred funds and they have cleared into the dealership.
Then.....the salesman calls me at 2pm today to say that a technician has found an oil leak on the rear differential during the pre delivery inspection and that it's a fault from the factory and needs replacing in it's entirety.
They have asked what I want to do as the car will be 2 weeks until a new diff is fitted. I have already cancelled the direct debit at my bank for the old finance agreement on the Hilux and I have insured the new Evo etc...
Now the finance is obviously on the Evo as a new agreement and solely on that specific car, vin/index number etc..
I believe I can get the dealer to refund the finance company and I can re-instate my old direct debit on the Hilux without any issues.
I have since asked another Mitsubishi dealer regarding the time taken to replace a rear diff and parts availability. They said next day delivery and 2 hours fitting - so I'm more than confused and fackin frustrated at the minute. I'll drive to the dealer at 5pm this evening and see what the crack is.
Do I reject the car that I never took delivery of or wait until a new diff is fitted and then collect? Should they give me another similar car for the two weeks?
Sheeeesh, I was looking forward to a bit of performance this evening, driving a shiny new car away from the dealer and then this utter bo11ox occurs...

Thoughts? (And if you think this thread is a: 'worst - I've got a new Evo X ever' then bugger off, cos I have not got it yet!
)PIGINAWIG said:
PH Massive.....
On Tuesday of this week, I took my Hilux to an Authorised Mitsubishi dealer and decided on part exchanging my Hilux for a brand new Evo X fq300 sst gsr.
Anyway, to cut a boring story short, we settled on a figure for my Hilux and struck a deal. The Evo X was in stock and was due to be collected today. My finance company has transferred funds and they have cleared into the dealership.
Then.....the salesman calls me at 2pm today to say that a technician has found an oil leak on the rear differential during the pre delivery inspection and that it's a fault from the factory and needs replacing in it's entirety.
They have asked what I want to do as the car will be 2 weeks until a new diff is fitted. I have already cancelled the direct debit at my bank for the old finance agreement on the Hilux and I have insured the new Evo etc...
Now the finance is obviously on the Evo as a new agreement and solely on that specific car, vin/index number etc..
I believe I can get the dealer to refund the finance company and I can re-instate my old direct debit on the Hilux without any issues.
I have since asked another Mitsubishi dealer regarding the time taken to replace a rear diff and parts availability. They said next day delivery and 2 hours fitting - so I'm more than confused and fackin frustrated at the minute. I'll drive to the dealer at 5pm this evening and see what the crack is.
Do I reject the car that I never took delivery of or wait until a new diff is fitted and then collect? Should they give me another similar car for the two weeks?
Sheeeesh, I was looking forward to a bit of performance this evening, driving a shiny new car away from the dealer and then this utter bo11ox occurs...

Thoughts? (And if you think this thread is a: 'worst - I've got a new Evo X ever' then bugger off, cos I have not got it yet!
)
If you find this an utterly depressing dilemma then I guess you have quite a boring life.On Tuesday of this week, I took my Hilux to an Authorised Mitsubishi dealer and decided on part exchanging my Hilux for a brand new Evo X fq300 sst gsr.
Anyway, to cut a boring story short, we settled on a figure for my Hilux and struck a deal. The Evo X was in stock and was due to be collected today. My finance company has transferred funds and they have cleared into the dealership.
Then.....the salesman calls me at 2pm today to say that a technician has found an oil leak on the rear differential during the pre delivery inspection and that it's a fault from the factory and needs replacing in it's entirety.
They have asked what I want to do as the car will be 2 weeks until a new diff is fitted. I have already cancelled the direct debit at my bank for the old finance agreement on the Hilux and I have insured the new Evo etc...
Now the finance is obviously on the Evo as a new agreement and solely on that specific car, vin/index number etc..
I believe I can get the dealer to refund the finance company and I can re-instate my old direct debit on the Hilux without any issues.
I have since asked another Mitsubishi dealer regarding the time taken to replace a rear diff and parts availability. They said next day delivery and 2 hours fitting - so I'm more than confused and fackin frustrated at the minute. I'll drive to the dealer at 5pm this evening and see what the crack is.
Do I reject the car that I never took delivery of or wait until a new diff is fitted and then collect? Should they give me another similar car for the two weeks?
Sheeeesh, I was looking forward to a bit of performance this evening, driving a shiny new car away from the dealer and then this utter bo11ox occurs...

Thoughts? (And if you think this thread is a: 'worst - I've got a new Evo X ever' then bugger off, cos I have not got it yet!
)PIGINAWIG said:
I believe I can get the dealer to refund the finance company and I can re-instate my old direct debit on the Hilux without any issues.
If you can do this, then what's the problem?Yes it's a shame you can't get the car today, but be thankful they are fixing a fault which could have caused you a much bigger problem in a couple of months time.
TBH, if it is an issue on a car like that it would rear it's head at some point. I would go ahead with the deal and get them to put you in a car for 2 weeks or pull the lot [as a means of encouragement]. Spending 2 weeks in a 1.3 Colt will certainly make the transition a more exciting one 

Corsair7 - many thanks for your invaluable input.
I'll go to the daealer this evening and speak with the salesmen and dealer principle. I'm happy to wait for the car to receive a new diff, but would prefer if they gave me a car for the duration.
Corsair7 - you really know me well. Now f.off
I'll go to the daealer this evening and speak with the salesmen and dealer principle. I'm happy to wait for the car to receive a new diff, but would prefer if they gave me a car for the duration.
Corsair7 - you really know me well. Now f.off
PIGINAWIG said:
Just spoke to the dealer and they've offered me a LexusSC430 convertible (looks on google!). I'll happily borrow their car and collect when mine is fixed. Thanks to all who replied. 
After the wafty inflatable ride, the Evo is going to feel like a bed of nails in 2 weeks... 

PIGINAWIG said:
Just spoke to the dealer and they've offered me a LexusSC430 convertible (looks on google!). I'll happily borrow their car and collect when mine is fixed. Thanks to all who replied. 
I'd rather have the hilux! 

Ah well, it'll make the Evo seem even better when you get it!

LuS1fer said:
PIGINAWIG said:
Just spoke to the dealer and they've offered me a LexusSC430 convertible (looks on google!). I'll happily borrow their car and collect when mine is fixed. Thanks to all who replied. 
After the wafty inflatable ride, the Evo is going to feel like a bed of nails in 2 weeks... 


I think it was great that they inspected and caught it I would just have them fix it and in about 10 days they should have it "sorted". They always give a longer period of time to be safe. To me the hassle of used price negotiation, new car pricing and finance paperwork and time registration and insurance etc is worth the wait. I would have them throw in a first service for free for the hassle and cost. That way everyone wins.
PaulFontaine said:
I think it was great that they inspected and caught it I would just have them fix it and in about 10 days they should have it "sorted". They always give a longer period of time to be safe. To me the hassle of used price negotiation, new car pricing and finance paperwork and time registration and insurance etc is worth the wait. I would have them throw in a first service for free for the hassle and cost. That way everyone wins.
Cheers - it's got 3yrs/30,000 miles free servicing anyway!!....perhaps I should ask for a lifetime warranty!
Gassing Station | General Gassing | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff




