Now or the 1st sept
Discussion
Ordered a new car through a main dealer, salesman called yesterday to say car was now on site, and I could have by next Tuesday.
Is it worth me taking the car or let them sit on it for a few weeks until 1st sept so it becomes a 61 plate.
Only plan on keeping the car for anything between 8-15 months at most if that helps.
Head tells me to wait,heart tells me I want car now
Does it really affect the resale value now there are 2 reg changes a yr.
All advice welcome,thanks
Is it worth me taking the car or let them sit on it for a few weeks until 1st sept so it becomes a 61 plate.
Only plan on keeping the car for anything between 8-15 months at most if that helps.
Head tells me to wait,heart tells me I want car now
Does it really affect the resale value now there are 2 reg changes a yr.
All advice welcome,thanks
LuS1fer said:
Does anyone give a monketys these days? I stopped caring what plate a car had when the new system came in and it all became a bit arbitrary. Just don't let the dealr do what mine did and register it on the 30th losing a month's tax...
If you register in the last few days of a month the dealer can get 12 months + x days tax so you don't lose a month. Just had a car registered on 30th July and tax expires 31/7/12.61 plate vs 11 plate is just vanity IMO
If you are not planning on keeping the car for very long, then yes, it would be in your best financial interest to wait for the new plate. Indeed it's a no-brainer even if you plan to keep the car for a while.
However, the dealer will be desperate (absolutely desperate) to add it to his monthly figures for August (and they will be quite low because it is August) so you may be able to do a special deal if you accept it now. And that might be in your best financial interest also.
However, the dealer will be desperate (absolutely desperate) to add it to his monthly figures for August (and they will be quite low because it is August) so you may be able to do a special deal if you accept it now. And that might be in your best financial interest also.
SV8Predator said:
If you are not planning on keeping the car for very long, then yes, it would be in your best financial interest to wait for the new plate. Indeed it's a no-brainer even if you plan to keep the car for a while.
However, the dealer will be desperate (absolutely desperate) to add it to his monthly figures for August (and they will be quite low because it is August) so you may be able to do a special deal if you accept it now. And that might be in your best financial interest also.
This However, the dealer will be desperate (absolutely desperate) to add it to his monthly figures for August (and they will be quite low because it is August) so you may be able to do a special deal if you accept it now. And that might be in your best financial interest also.
Find out!vit4 said:
SV8Predator said:
If you are not planning on keeping the car for very long, then yes, it would be in your best financial interest to wait for the new plate. Indeed it's a no-brainer even if you plan to keep the car for a while.
However, the dealer will be desperate (absolutely desperate) to add it to his monthly figures for August (and they will be quite low because it is August) so you may be able to do a special deal if you accept it now. And that might be in your best financial interest also.
This However, the dealer will be desperate (absolutely desperate) to add it to his monthly figures for August (and they will be quite low because it is August) so you may be able to do a special deal if you accept it now. And that might be in your best financial interest also.
Find out!Car will have a private plate on so matters not a sausage to me, purely looking at when I sell it.
Thanks for pointers so far folks, 1st sept it is I think.
Next few weeks are going to drag me thinks
I have done both
My Defender was ready to be picked up 22nd Aug I have a private plate so I picked it up because it will be a while before I sell it, or I never will.
Just ordered a new car for the wife, waiting till Sept 1st as I might only keep it for 3 years, selling a 61 is better than a 60.
Its not vanity its common sence.
My Defender was ready to be picked up 22nd Aug I have a private plate so I picked it up because it will be a while before I sell it, or I never will.
Just ordered a new car for the wife, waiting till Sept 1st as I might only keep it for 3 years, selling a 61 is better than a 60.
Its not vanity its common sence.
Gassing Station | General Gassing | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff




