Once they have your money they're not bothered.....
Discussion
So girlfriend put a deposit on a car and signed finance documents, agreed a date of collection but was told we'd receive a call to 100% confirm collection date.
No call when he said and he's always "unavailable" when girlfriend tries calling him, so she's a little bit frustrated.
Any ideas? Is it just a case of waiting, calling him again, turning up?
I can appreciate that salesmen have other things to do, but I find it extremely rude and unprofessional to not contact her, surely no one is that busy...
Before the deal was completed him and the business manager were bombarding her phone with calls.
No call when he said and he's always "unavailable" when girlfriend tries calling him, so she's a little bit frustrated.
Any ideas? Is it just a case of waiting, calling him again, turning up?
I can appreciate that salesmen have other things to do, but I find it extremely rude and unprofessional to not contact her, surely no one is that busy...
Before the deal was completed him and the business manager were bombarding her phone with calls.
Krikkit said:
Reject it and find another? Explain the reason and that'll teach him. 
While tongue in cheek (I assume), it would be good if that was possible.
randlemarcus said:
A quick call to the Sales Manager explaining that though the car is fine, his idea of customer service when there's nothing the matter gives you a rather bad impression of how you may be treated as a customer when something goes wrong.
In your opinion would it look "wrong" if I called?She's getting paranoid now and thinking that maybe something is wrong with the car and they're trying to fix it.
I'm sure I've read of someone that was due to collect a car, they said it wasn't ready and they turned up and seen it damaged....
While it sounds petty I didn't like the salesman and wouldn't have bought a car from him. Just had a bad vibe from him.
If you feel strongly and the salesman is not engaging I would:
1/ call and leave a messge for the Salesperson, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
2/ call the Sales Manager, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
3/ call the Dealer Principle, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
4/ call the Manufacture customer services, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
5/ It means they don't want your business. Cancel and buy something else.
1/ call and leave a messge for the Salesperson, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
2/ call the Sales Manager, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
3/ call the Dealer Principle, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
4/ call the Manufacture customer services, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
5/ It means they don't want your business. Cancel and buy something else.
pops and bangs said:
Krikkit said:
Reject it and find another? Explain the reason and that'll teach him. 
While tongue in cheek (I assume), it would be good if that was possible.
pops and bangs said:
So girlfriend put a deposit on a car and signed finance documents, agreed a date of collection but was told we'd receive a call to 100% confirm collection date.
When was the collection date?I'd call the sales manager, say you've tried many times to contact the salesman but with no success, and could he please confirm that the car will be ready on the agreed date?
Krikkit said:
Actually it was both a joke and semi-serious - you always have a cooling-off period for finance agreements as far as I know, which requires no reason to reject other than changing your mind.
I know that there is a 14 day cooling period for the finance but the salesman said that she'd still be tied into the purchase of the car and would simply need to find alternative means to fund it.Matt UK said:
If you feel strongly and the salesman is not engaging I would:
1/ call and leave a messge for the Salesperson, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
2/ call the Sales Manager, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
3/ call the Dealer Principle, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
4/ call the Manufacture customer services, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
5/ It means they don't want your business. Cancel and buy something else.
Also call the finance company and raise a formal record of non delivery of goods between stage 2&3, 1/ call and leave a messge for the Salesperson, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
2/ call the Sales Manager, explain the situation, your expectations /timescales / your proposal for what you expect to be done next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
3/ call the Dealer Principle, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
4/ call the Manufacture customer services, explain the situation, your expectations and your proposal for what you expect to be don next. Follow up in writing.
If that fails:
5/ It means they don't want your business. Cancel and buy something else.
Ari said:
When was the collection date?
I'd call the sales manager, say you've tried many times to contact the salesman but with no success, and could he please confirm that the car will be ready on the agreed date?
The 1st of December.I'd call the sales manager, say you've tried many times to contact the salesman but with no success, and could he please confirm that the car will be ready on the agreed date?
It's not been a long time, and to be honest it wouldn't be the end of the world if it was this saturday.
The issue is more the fact that there has been no contact made, and he has not rung back, and is always unavailable.
So from her point of view she's told collection on the 1st with a phonecall to confirm when it's ready on the day i.e morning or afternoon, no call so girlfriend calls towards end of the day but he's not available.
Called yesterday, and he's with a customer, called today and he's just popped out.
pops and bangs said:
Krikkit said:
Actually it was both a joke and semi-serious - you always have a cooling-off period for finance agreements as far as I know, which requires no reason to reject other than changing your mind.
I know that there is a 14 day cooling period for the finance but the salesman said that she'd still be tied into the purchase of the car and would simply need to find alternative means to fund it.Krikkit said:
Actually it was both a joke and semi-serious - you always have a cooling-off period for finance agreements as far as I know, which requires no reason to reject other than changing your mind.
No you don't.Please don't make up stuff and quote it as gospel when other people's money is at stake.There is the option to finance a car differently (cash or with another lender) but the deal still stands, assuming the deal wasn't done at distance, which there is no suggestion that is the case here.
OP, call up and speak to the sales manager, explain that you've been unable to contact the salesman. It will be sorted, easily. I doubt there is anything more sinister than a very busy, or disorganised, salesman.
pops and bangs said:
I know that there is a 14 day cooling period for the finance but the salesman said that she'd still be tied into the purchase of the car and would simply need to find alternative means to fund it.
He's talking s
t on that one. The car hasn't been collected yet, you can say at any time that you've changed your mind? Is it Arnold Clark you're dealing with by any chance.
uncinquesei said:
If the docs were signed on the business premises, there is no cooling off period. I would speak to sales manager, he'll kick his @rse.
They were, but he did specifically say there was a cooling off period and suggested it could be used if she found a loan with a better interest rate for example.He didn't put this in writing though, he just simply said it after she had signed the paperwork.
As someone said, if this is the level of service to be expected if anything goes wrong with the car then it's not a good sign.
DanielSan said:
pops and bangs said:
I know that there is a 14 day cooling period for the finance but the salesman said that she'd still be tied into the purchase of the car and would simply need to find alternative means to fund it.
He's talking s
t on that one. The car hasn't been collected yet, you can say at any time that you've changed your mind?
t, and I'll give you a clue, it isn't the salesman.You can change how you're funding the car, but not just change your mind.
Gassing Station | General Gassing | Top of Page | What's New | My Stuff



