Trading an 2006 C4S
Trading an 2006 C4S
Author
Discussion

NorthDave

Original Poster:

2,538 posts

262 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
Hi All

Really a fancy a new 911 but could ideally do with waiting for the 991 to drop a bit on the second hand market.

My question is this though - I have a 2006 C4S and am aware that dealerships will only deal up to 8 years old. Is there an optimum time to trade mine in? I dont want to wait 6 months to a year and then find I am forced to sell privately.

Thanks for any advice!

Magic919

14,508 posts

231 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
Sell it to a decent Indy when the time comes, if OPC don't offer enough.

MadMark981

1,755 posts

179 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
Count on the OPC's not offering you anywhere near enough - or at least hiding the actual price that they'll pay for you car in the "cost to change" (which will include any discount on the 991).

When I sold my 997 C2S and 997 GT3 - the price differntials between the OPC's and the Indy's offers were £2K and £3K respctively, but in the end I sold my GT3 privately to a cracking chap on here. No fuss and no hassle - just a large degree of transparency on both sides (and 22 months Porsche Warranty remaining). biggrin




sidicks

25,218 posts

251 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
NorthDave said:
Hi All

Really a fancy a new 911 but could ideally do with waiting for the 991 to drop a bit on the second hand market.

My question is this though - I have a 2006 C4S and am aware that dealerships will only deal up to 8 years old. Is there an optimum time to trade mine in? I dont want to wait 6 months to a year and then find I am forced to sell privately.

Thanks for any advice!
There was someone on here looking for a C4S recently - mine will be up for sale in a few months but if you're keen to sell sooner (and the spec and price are good!) then he may be interested.

I'll point him in the direction of this thread!
smile
Sidicks

BensZ4MC

482 posts

216 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
Thanks Sidicks for the tip off.

Dave, I am indeed looking for the right C4S - Drop me a PM.

Cheers

sidicks

25,218 posts

251 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
BensZ4MC said:
Thanks Sidicks for the tip off.

Dave, I am indeed looking for the right C4S - Drop me a PM.

Cheers
(Obviously if you buy this one, I'm expecting commission (from Dave) to make up for you not buying mine!)

Edited by sidicks on Friday 14th June 20:11

BensZ4MC

482 posts

216 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
:-)

mollytherocker

14,465 posts

239 months

Friday 14th June 2013
quotequote all
Magic919 said:
Sell it to a decent Indy when the time comes, if OPC don't offer enough.
That's the way. Then negotiate hard on the 991.