Cancelling New Car
Author
Discussion

mad ferret

Original Poster:

188 posts

230 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
Guys

My mother ordered a new VW in Sept and it wax a factory build due beginning December. She paid £250 deposit but has now decided she doesn't want it and asked me to see if I can sort.

There are no cancellation terms in the T & C's on the back of the order form, will I get the deposit back? Or do I have to offer thief to keep this to cover admin costs

Any help appreciated

edo

16,699 posts

295 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
theif?

£250 is a very small deposit. Factory order I see no reason for your mum to get it back.

KTF

10,696 posts

180 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
Get her to do her own dirty work wink

Or call the dealer up and explain the situation and see what they say. Thats the only way you will get the answer you want.

rehab71

3,362 posts

220 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
mad ferret said:
Guys

My mother ordered a new VW in Sept and it wax a factory build due beginning December. She paid £250 deposit but has now decided she doesn't want it and asked me to see if I can sort.

There are no cancellation terms in the T & C's on the back of the order form, will I get the deposit back? Or do I have to offer thief to keep this to cover admin costs

Any help appreciated
Why should she get her deposit back? She's reneged on the deal.

Urban Sports

11,321 posts

233 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
Who / what is this thief you type of?

dfen5

2,398 posts

242 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
Ordered a new car a few months ago, picked it up last Sat'. Dealer was pretty clear deposit was non returnable and that was £500..

Urban Sports

11,321 posts

233 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
mad ferret said:
Guys

My mother ordered a new VW in Sept and it wax a factory build due beginning December. She paid £250 deposit but has now decided she doesn't want it and asked me to see if I can sort.

There are no cancellation terms in the T & C's on the back of the order form, will I get the deposit back? Or do I have to offer thief to keep this to cover admin costs

Any help appreciated

backwoodsman

2,508 posts

159 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
She has lost her deposit, but I see no reason for them not to agree, as long as the build has not started.

nagsheadwarrior

2,789 posts

209 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
The company I used to work for would sometimes pursue cancelling customers for money on top of keeping the deposit!

Im sure that wont happen in your Mothers case but the dealers ordered the car for her,shes choosing to cancel having wasted everybodys time so losing a small deposit is fair


mad ferret

Original Poster:

188 posts

230 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
Should have said them instead of thief

Urban Sports

11,321 posts

233 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
mad ferret said:
Should have said them instead of thief
hehe

I used to work for a VW retailer, if the customer asked for their deposit back and the car was something we could sell we just gave it back. Poor business to piss people off.

Just ask them for it.

CarlT

3,424 posts

277 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
What car is it? A petrol Passat in gold - no chance, a diesel polo 5 door - possibly.
Why is she cancelling?

AlexRS2782

8,529 posts

243 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
mad ferret said:
Should have said them instead of thief
And was instead of wax hehegetmecoat

Clinton Baptiste

657 posts

212 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
CarlT said:
Why is she cancelling?
Why does it matter?

DocArbathnot

29,039 posts

213 months

Thursday 14th November 2013
quotequote all
Clinton Baptiste said:
CarlT said:
Why is she cancelling?
Why does it matter?
Because if she has a change of circumstances the dealer may be more sympathetic than if she ordered another VW from a rival.

mad ferret

Original Poster:

188 posts

230 months

Friday 15th November 2013
quotequote all
Went to the dealer this morning, spoke with the Sales Manager who cancelled the order without any fuss, he advised they would want the car anyway for stock and have refunded the deposit

edo

16,699 posts

295 months

Friday 15th November 2013
quotequote all
tops