sell now or wait until summer? a
sell now or wait until summer? a
Author
Discussion

james280779

Original Poster:

1,931 posts

258 months

Sunday 14th December 2014
quotequote all
I pretty much have to sell the chim, I live overseas and it's just not getting used.

The tax and mot have run out but mot should be pretty easy to get sorted.

I fly back for the Xmas break with family then I'm not back again until June. In the interim I have to pay rent on the garage.

Is there that much of a difference in price in the summer ?
Any advice ?

I was thinking 6k for a sorted chimaera but it seems that values have gone up considerable so in not even sure what to ask so maybe you guys can help out.


Car is on great condition, slightly lowered, custom 4.7 rv8, barely used clutch and exhaust. Chassis was good but will need a waxoyl as I haven't done it for a couple of years.

Only problems on whole car are cracked dash, wiper tube is split, rear bumper needs touching up and the odo recently stuck on 999 as they do.

I'll post some pics later

Big Al.

69,336 posts

287 months

Sunday 14th December 2014
quotequote all
Please don't supply too much information or the thread will get removed as an advert.

pwd95

8,457 posts

267 months

Sunday 14th December 2014
quotequote all
Sell now I recon...
You Have Mail. biggrin

james280779

Original Poster:

1,931 posts

258 months

Monday 15th December 2014
quotequote all
Ok ill leave it at that. I'm more after advice as I've been out of the country for 5 years so a little out of touch.

MSamps

53 posts

141 months

Monday 15th December 2014
quotequote all
I've been looking at getting a cheapish (max £6000) Chimaera since the start of autumn, so have been keeping a watch on them. I always had the thought that convertibles/sports cars usually decrease in price in the winter but there does seem to be a slight increase now over the last few months.

I don't think there are any for sale at around that price currently that do not require some sort of repair/restoration, so probably best to try and sell now and with a higher asking price.

phillpot

17,510 posts

212 months

Monday 15th December 2014
quotequote all


Once you have decided what you'd like for it advertise it. If it doesn't sell hang on till Summer and try again. What have you got to lose?

Richard 858

1,882 posts

164 months

Monday 15th December 2014
quotequote all
James, just took a quick look at your profile - That garage bill must be pretty big ! are you planning the same for your other "toys" ?

Chuffmeister

3,597 posts

166 months

Monday 15th December 2014
quotequote all
Wait until the spring/ summer. Xmas is a poor time to sell cars.

james280779

Original Poster:

1,931 posts

258 months

Monday 15th December 2014
quotequote all
Richard 858 said:
James, just took a quick look at your profile - That garage bill must be pretty big ! are you planning the same for your other "toys" ?
the 911 is currently undergoing a full rebuild which is costing alot but that's a fantastic little car. I'll be keeping that one. I'm thinking about selling the w8 for exactly the same reason as the chim. The esprit is just sitting in my garage this end waiting for me to finish the registration then ill probably sell that too, I'll invest in another property with that. I don't have the ute any more but I bought a rover 75 so no better off. I seem to either buy a luxury barge or a full on sports car . Nothing in the middle interests me
I've got my eye on either a classic mustang or I've seen a 72 buick riviera that I like